cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tecknot
Not applicable
Views: 416
Message 1 of 6

Is it safe to update Intel ME firmware to ver 12.0.35.1427?

The latest ME firmware updates includes a fix for the rebooting issue caused by the previous update 12.0.24.1314.  Has anyone updated to this latest version?  And, if so, are there any new issue associated with version 12.0.35.1427?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Moe_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 373
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is it safe to update Intel ME firmware to ver 12.0.35.1427?

Hi tecknot,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are you specifically having a reboot issue?

In Windows, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes as updates and drivers are installed automatically.

Also, updating firmware manually should only be done if there are bugs or known issue that may correct a certain feature on a device.

Could you tell us more about your problem?

Regards,
Moe

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

tecknot
Not applicable
Views: 351
Message 3 of 6

Hi Moe,

Fortunately for me I have not had any of the problems associated with the firmware. I purposely put off updating to ver. 12.0.24.1314 because of the problems reported by others.

Since Vantage has listed the Intel ME firmware as a critical update, I thought it was necessary to update my ThinkPad accordingly. As you mentioned, if it isn't necessary then I guess it is a moot point for me (until a problem pops up, I guess).

So, since I don't have any present problems, I should not update my firmware, correct?

Kind regards,

tecknot
matt_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 345
Message 4 of 6

That is correct. Let us know if you have any other questions. Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

tecknot
Not applicable
Views: 324
Message 5 of 6

Thanks, Matt.  Greatly appreciate it.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Hector_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 318
Message 6 of 6

Should you have any other concerns or inquiries, don't hesitate to post back in the community. We'll gladly help. Thank you!

Regards,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors