Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuckhays
What's DOS?
Views: 782
Message 1 of 4

Is this 70++ battery counterfeit?

I purchased a 70++ battery from ebay and although it looks genuine, there are a couple of red flags.

• Model number is reported in software as 45N1001 instead of the value on the label 45N1006/45N1007
  • The top surface is bumpy/not quite flat as the cells are only covered by the sticker and not a solid surface like the 55++
  • The font of the barcode is different than my original 55++ (new model, could be different)
  • Box it was packaged in had a label that says "Flyten" - no where on it does it say Lenovo or Sanyo

Any ideas here or am I just being paranoid about ebay sellers? I try to be extra careful with batteries.

Pictures of box and battery attached. The 55++ is my original, the 70++ is the 'new' one from ebay.IMG_3147.heic.jpgIMG_3145.heic.jpg

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 737
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is this 70++ battery counterfeit?

Hello and welcome to the Community

No doubt, it's a counterfeit. At least restuck, the case looks as original but in general (labels, bar code, symbols and their combinations...) it's a fake, not a refurbished battery but a fake. Who knows what is inside (I mean the cells).

Sorry, I can't share the attributes of Lenovo genuine batteries.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

chuckhays
What's DOS?
Views: 728
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the confirmation, I'm too paranoid about batteries to use a battery from unknown sources.
AF5
Paper Tape
Views: 116
Message 4 of 4

The battery is likely a fake. My Lenovo batter states, "Lenovo Thailand Limited". Somehow it is comforting to see made in Thailand rather than China, in this particular case. AF5

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors