cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
norey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,313
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Companion 3 - There is a problem in retrieving new updates. Please try again later

I am currently running Lenovo Companion 3.62.1.0 on Windows 10 Pro on my Thinkpad P50.

Everything used to work correctly, until Companion started giving out the "There is a problem in retrieving new Updates. Please try again later." messsage when I check for new updates. I have no idea what happened, it used to work just fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,279
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Companion 3 - There is a problem in retrieving new updates. Please try again later

Companion now features System Interface Foundation self update.   Companion will not function correctly [imcontroller service is stopped] until you reboot. Check programs/features for version of SIF installed.  It should be version 1.0.067.00  .   

If the issue remains after reboot, post the SU plugin run log:

c:\programdata\lenovo\SystemUpdatePlugin\logs\tvsu_*timestamp*.log

norey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,275
Message 3 of 8

Re: Lenovo Companion 3 - There is a problem in retrieving new updates. Please try again later

I have rebooted several times earlier but that did not change anything. There is no such thing as SIF in my list of software, but here is the log you requested anyway - https://bpaste.net/show/fb5ed1860bb7
norey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,273
Message 4 of 8

Ok, I think you meant "Lenovo System Interface Foundation". It is there with version 1.0.067.00
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,263
Message 5 of 8

Your failure is here:

Info 2016-11-01 , 11:14:03

Machine type and model are needed to find your System Update catalog.  MTM is returned null.  This means failure with SIF.  Reset your apps per this post and report back.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/Lenovo-Modern-ImController-PluginHost-stopped-working/td-p/3... 

norey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,256
Message 6 of 8

I followed the instructions there and still having the same issue. Also, I'm not sure why SIF version 1.0.066.01 got installed.

Also, here is the log - https://bpaste.net/show/f32a5d1c8f2b
norey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,253
Message 7 of 8

Never mind, it worked after waiting a while. Seems something was trying to connect in the background.
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,247
Message 8 of 8

Your mtm shows in the log: 

Now the fun:

(1) Companion fresh install.  It downloads SIF 1.066.01.

(2)Then it self updates to SIF 1.067.00. 

All this fuss started with the Companion SIF selfupdate function being added to Companion.  Glad all is working.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors