Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfminor
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Companion problem on P40 Yoga

Hello,  When I try to run the "Optimize Your ThinkPad" It hangs up on the PC Cleanup and doesn't progress to System Accelerate, or Critical Update.  Is this something I should be concerned about, as my machine seems to be running fine?  Also in Companion, when I try to run the Hardware Scan, it says it cannot run the scan at this time.  Both operated as expected a couple weeks ago.....

Thanks for any guidance.

John

creese1857
Blue Screen Again
Views: 291
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Companion problem on P40 Yoga

Hi John,

I am new to the forum and it appears that we may have the same problem. My new Yoga 900 ran Companion without any problems until about a week ago. The cleanup and optimize scan started freezing less than half way through. I don't know if this may help you. But, I found that as long I either uninstall or log out of Lenovo ID, the scan completes fine.

Good Luck,

Cheryl

jfminor
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply Cheryl, I uninstalled Lenovo ID, turned off my anti virus software (BitDefender) but it didn't help.  It still runs and runs and runs.  I let it run for a little over a half hour to no avail...... I don't think it's a big deal, but is still annoying..... Hopefully someone out there has a solution for me.....

Thanks again Cheryl.

John

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 251
Message 4 of 5

Sorry for this trouble.  We are investigating it.  For now I would avoid using the "Optimize" function.

jfminor
Paper Tape
Views: 247
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Someotherguy.  While the problem might be anoying I still love my P40.  It's by far the best machine I've ever owned....

John

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors