Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moraljustice68
Paper Tape
Views: 626
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Laptop W530 are worst laptops

I bounght Lenovo Laptop W530 with i7 and 16GB RAM with 256 SSD disk and 1 TB disk for almost 2000$ , it is only 2 and half year since i bought the mother board stopped working , I took it lenovo authorised technician , he said i have  to replace the mother board, to replace the mother board it almost costs the same cost of the laptop from Lenovo support services and its not availble outside lenovo. and I escalated to customer service manager and sent the laptop to IBM and they returned the laptop back to me saying it is too expensie to fix it, what a piece of crap is this product ? what a pathetic lenovo customer service ? I had only problem with motherboard and USB but after I sent the laptop to the IBM lenovo customer service oh every thing is broken it is extremly expensive to fix it and the customer service execute manager 'Nikki' is such a pain, a liar and a coward , she started telling lies as if I took a hammer and smashed the laptops to cause the laptop damage, I told her i only had issue with the mother board as per the lenovo technician i didn't take the hammer and hit the lapatop, What a lousy customer service manager Nikki, it is ok if they can't repair it but to tell lies to the customer and blame him/her instead of taking responsibility for their poor product how is that fair???? I am never going to buy another LENOVO product and request all the people DO NOT BUY LENOVO LAPTOPS, its quality is gone to the gutter may be it is something to do with how it is being made in china . => case no. 02486493 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 597
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Laptop W530 are worst laptops

You can get a new motherboard for your system, and if you are careful and good with a small screwdriver, replace it yourself by following the instructions in the Hardware Maintenance Manual ThinkPad T530, T530i, and W530.  

This dealer on Ebay states that they will replace the mother/system board with a new one for $319.00 bucks plus shipping, but there are several different different system boards that could be installed in your system, some with NVidia graphics and some without, so you really need to know what FRU (part number) of the motherboard you currently have in order to obtain the correct replacement one... or perhaps a better one.

That number is of course on the system board itself, so you might see if the tech you took it to before can tell you which board you have/need.    My guess is that the one mentioned on Ebay does not have the Nvidia graphics card, but I have no way of telling for sure.

Hardware Maintenance Manual ThinkPad T530, T530i, and W530

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/t530_t530i_w530_hmm_en_0b48474_03.pdf

Good Luck,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 588
Message 3 of 6

The picture of the eBay item is a w530, not a T530, which means it has the nVidia chip.  The part number is has the Q1 (K1000m) graphics. 

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
moraljustice68
Paper Tape
Views: 584
Message 4 of 6

thankyou will try and let you know

moraljustice68
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 5 of 6

my system board is - 04X1519, the one one ebay website is  04x1511 which they are  selling for 340$, but on another ebay page I saw 04x1519 cost 660$ :- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-FRU-04X1519-for-ThinkPad-W530-Refurbished-/272366837717?hash=item3f6a...

is it worth repairing the laptop with 660$ system board 04x1519?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 481
Message 6 of 6

It looks to me like 04x1519 has a windows 8 std license and 04x1511 has win8 pro.  Only you can decide what it's worth to you.  Both prices look high to me.  I don't have one now, but I recently sold a 04x1511 for about $180. 

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors