Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smash99
What's DOS?
Views: 225
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo P1 Slow and freezing?

Hej,

I have a brand new Lenovo P1 with dock that is hocked up to a ultrawide monitor. I m running the laptop in closed mode and the powermanagment is set to never sleep when connected.

It have a externa Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Surround 5.1 USB soundcard and a Segate USB external HDD connected to the dock.

The computer is just now installed with Windows 10 and fully updated. I have used Lenovo System Update to install all drivers and so on. I have also installed Nvidia specific for the built in Nvidia chipset.

The system is running 2 Visual Studio 2017 instances, Spotify, Chrome, Teamvewier and SQL mananger.

The problem is that the computer from time to time freeze up, sound stops and mouse stops responding. After a 1 min or so it will continue. I also notice slowness from time to time.

The EventViewer do not show much but this if frequent : 

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

After som search it seems to be a no problem.

The Task manager shows a baseline of about 15-20% when not doing any work. Building in VS 2017 will freeze the computer and some websites will also slow down it a lot.

How do I diagnose and solve this problem? At this point this laptop is much slower then my 7 years old i7 2600K computer!?

Regards

Smash99
What's DOS?
Views: 199
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo P1 Slow and freezing?

Hi,

This is the problem : 

The problem is that the computer from time to time freeze up, sound stops and mouse stops responding. After a 1 min or so it will continue. I also notice slowness from time to time.

When freezing there is no way to take a screenshot.

Exacly what do you need screenshot of? 

Regards

pjg
802.11n
Views: 177
Message 3 of 6

Could you try one thing ?  When the computer appears to freeze, close the lid so the laptop goes to sleep. Confirm this with the blinking red LED on the outside.  Then re-open the lid and login again.  See if everything now works.

I ask because I have a weird bug that my keyboard/mouse go dead.  Sleep/Resume gets everything working again.

Smash99
What's DOS?
Views: 169
Message 4 of 6

I have setup the computer do do nothing when closing the lid, this is becouse Im using it as a stationed computer conected to the dock that is connected to the display(ultrawide) mouse, keyboard. Have tried to disconnect the external soundcard and the external HDD but the problem is still there.

I could try to open and close the lid when the problem appears.

I notice that the computer gets vary slow while building my solution in Visual Studio and from time to time the sound goes out and some times even the mouse and keyboard. At this point it appears like the computer have freezed. If I wait about 1/2 min the control and sound is back. 

There is no expcetions in the evenlog that could couse this problem from what I can see. Maybe the computer just handles hard work badly. 

I can reinstall the entire enviorment again but that will set me back several ours and im not sure that there is enything I can do diffrent. Maby not using the Lenovo service updater to install all driver software.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 90
Message 5 of 6

I have 2 machines with similar systems:  One is a Thinkpad and one is a non-Lenovo desktop.  The common thread is that the problem began after I installed the latest nVIDIA drivers. If I have a task manager window running, it looks to me like for a period, there is a spike in CPU usage as if one thread becomes fully taxed.  I am speculating that whatever USB hub is dealing with the keyboard and mouse is currently using the CPU thread that is loaded.  The task manager shows that one SvcHost process is hogging the cycles and it may be related to running certain pages under Chrome, but there is no definite pattern.  I have not yet found anything else.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Highlighted
Yujie2
What's DOS?
Views: 77
Message 6 of 6

Yes, I have the same issue with my P1 laptop

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors