cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rooster99
Paper Tape
Views: 795
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo P50 - Dolby software not recognizing headphones?

When my headphones aren't plugged in I can open the Dolby software shipped with the machine and set the equalizer and the sound plays fine.

When I plug my Corsair headphones into a USB port they play fine, but when I open the Dolby software to set the equalizer I get a message "Plug in headphones or speakers to enable Dolby Audio".

Device Manager says the Corsairs are installed and working fine, and I've got the latest drivers installed.

Any ideas?

TIA - R.

rvcjew
802.11n
Views: 669
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo P50 - Dolby software not recognizing headphones?

If you use them as USB then they have their own DAC on the headphones themselves and will not use the Internal DAC on the motherboard of your laptop. Those settings are only for the 3.5mm output and internal speakers. Which headphones are they, they probably have their own software to install for gaming profiles ect.

Malcolm

I own a Y510p SLI (retired), Yoga 2 Pro, P50 4K, X1C5
adamtoday
SCSI Port
Views: 650
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo P50 - Dolby software not recognizing headphones?

I could not get Dolby feature to work with my Dolby Bluetooth headset.  However, I could give it a test by forwarding internal audio via wifi to my headset connected to my  android  phone on the same network, but  wifi audio over network itself was not that great and it could  not deliver the true Dolby quality to headset, but it could show how wonderful it could be if  Dolby audio could be routed to Bluetooth audio! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors