Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
connorb057
Paper Tape
Views: 2,438
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo P50 HDMI Port Not Working

Hello, I'm in IT where I work and we have a few Lenovo P50 laptops. They are all on the same image that I've created but one in particular has the HDMI port that will just not work. I've tried the Thunderbolt firmware upgrade but in order for that to work it says that you must connect it to an external monitor through HDMI and have it displaying which it will not do. Since we've had this one it used to display just fine on HDMI but now it does not. Any ideas for getting the firmware upgraded to see if it helps?

DAVader
802.11n
Views: 2,384
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo P50 HDMI Port Not Working

Did you check this thread?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-P50-HDMI-not-working/td-p/2264525

My HDMI port also suddenly stopped working. I'm trying to appl;y the recommendation on the thread above to see if it works again.

Views: 2,358
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo P50 HDMI Port Not Working

Hello, yes I've read through that thread and also already tried the service tip offered by the Lenovo employee. It states that you need to have the HDMI connected to an external display and have the display working but this one will not. I just didn't know if there was a different workaround.

Top Kudoed Authors