Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andzeu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,271
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo P50 PowerPoint does not play embeded videos extended screen mode

I am using Lenovo P50 (i7, Quatro M1000M), Win10-64bit and Office 2016. When using Powerpoint in Extended projection mode embeded videos do not play. However, when I switch to Duplicate projection mode it works fine, as expected.

Drivers are up to date - checked by Lenovo System Update & Microsoft Update.

Any idea how to solve?

Thanks in advance

Gateman
Token Ring
Views: 1,210
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo P50 PowerPoint does not play embeded videos extended screen mode

Does it only happen in Powerpoint?  Can you play stand alone videos in the extended screen outside of Powerpoint?

How are you connecting to the second screen?  With an HDMI cable or wireless (like with a MS Wireless Display Adapter)?

On the off chance you are using wireless then it could be a problem with your wireless network drivers.  I ran into a similar problem with my P50.  I kept pursuing a display driver solution and was surprised when it turned out to be a network adapter driver causing the problem. 

I run MS Office 2013 on my P50 otherwise I would try to duplicate the problem for you.

Mike

ibmthink
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,207
Message 3 of 5

Betreff: Lenovo P50 PowerPoint does not play embeded videos extended screen mode

The same issue I had: You have to force the Nvidia to run. You can do this by disabling the Intel iGPU in BIOS.

andzeu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,190
Message 4 of 5

Re: Lenovo P50 PowerPoint does not play embeded videos extended screen mode

Hi Gateman

Does it only happen in Powerpoint?  Can you play stand alone videos in the extended screen outside of Powerpoint?

yes it only happens in PPT, videos in e.g. VLC I can play anywhere.

How are you connecting to the second screen?  With an HDMI cable or wireless (like with a MS Wireless Display Adapter)?

I tried several variants:

• VGA via miniDisplayPort,
  • DVI via miniDisplayPort,
  • DisplayPort via miniDisplayPort,
  • DVI via dockingStation

But thanks to the next post I found a solution

Many thanks for your reply.

Best

Andre

andzeu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,186
Message 5 of 5

Betreff: Lenovo P50 PowerPoint does not play embeded videos extended screen mode

Hi ibmthink

thanks for your reply.

switching display settings in BIOS worked for me, as you suggested - unless it is not convenient.

Serching further, I realized

"Manage 3D settings" in NVIDIA Control Panel

helped already to force PPT to use "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

Maybe this can be further optimized.

Please note, this does only work with the Lenovo graphics driver but not with the latest NVIDIA graphics driver.

Actually forcing PPT to use the Quatro graphics card was my first idea, but this time I tried I used the latest NVIDIA driver. Meanwhile I (re)insalled various drivers. But again - finaly it works now with the Lenovo graphics driver.

I am much more relaxed now.

Thanks

Andre

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors