Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ojciec
Punch Card
Views: 186
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo P50 - color calibrator not working after LCD change

I've changed my LCD from factory one to LP156WF6-SPB1. 

Colour calibrator worked after first boot like a charm. After reboot, now it is giving me "Unable to find the lenovo laptop display to be calibrated".

Sensor Replacement Utility is giving "Couldn't find entry in mapping file for monitor id LGD06F".

Any ideas? Or my sensor juts got useless after installing actually good LCD panel?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 154
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo P50 - color calibrator not working after LCD change

I cannot be sure without seeing it, but here is my best guess.  LCDs have configuration chips (EDID) that are read at startup.  Some screens, especially knock-offs, don't have all the information filled in correctly. Some of that info is needed.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ojciec
Punch Card
Views: 149
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo P50 - color calibrator not working after LCD change

I thought about EDID however i think it's not possible to change that from OS level - some time ago i've tried to restore brightness control functionality on my friends T450 with changed LCD panel and all what we tried to change it didn't worked. Is there any possibility to trick Pantone software, that it thinks there is only "whitelisted" LCD install?

Or maybe there is altenative software to calibrate LCD screen, that is capable of using P50 built-in sensor?

EDIT:

Ok, perhaps i've found workaround. 

Seems like Pantone software is checking monitor HardwareID from registry when starting.

You have to go to registry key:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\LGD046F" (where LGD046F is current HardwareID of your monitor), in my case there were 3 subfolders and i've changed "HardwareID" key value in each subkey to LEN40B2 since this was mine original panel.

Most likely this is list of panels supported by Pantone software, however i'm not 100% sure:

LEN40B1, LEN40B2, LEN40B3, LEN40B4, LEN40B5, LEN40B7, LEN40BA, LEN40BD, LEN4121, LEN4123

System will overwrite this value each reboot, but you can put simple bat or ps1 script to autostart of system which will overwrithe those keys and it should work every restart. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors