Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo P50 dual boot finger print issue

Hello,

I have set up my lenovo P50 with dual boot the following way

NVMe0 - Windows 10

NVMe1 - Windows 7

After i set up the print in windows 10, it works perfectly fine, i restart the machine in windows 10 it works again. After booting in windows 7 however , it fails to recognize my print until i teach the print again.

Same thing for windows 7 , I set up the print there with the lenovo fingerprint software, everything works fine. I reboot the machine again in windows 7 and it works, after booting in windows 10, it complety forgets my fingerprint.

Did anyone have this issue ? Is there any way to fix it. A solution would be realy helpfull since i am forced to use both OSs for work.

Best regards,

Rdu03

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 360
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo P50 dual boot finger print issue

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't expect it to work.  In Windows 10, everything is integrated into the operating system and that is designed to work with the UEFI BIOS.  The product is called Windows Hello.

With Windows 7, it is entirely different.  The software is an add-on from Lenovo and there is very little real operating system support.  Microsoft never fixed windows 7 to work with Windows Hello.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
rdu03
Paper Tape
Views: 330
Message 3 of 4

Ok,

Is there a way to use it in windows 10 ? 

As for now i set it up in windows 10 , after i boot in windows 7, windows 10 forgets my fingerprint

Is there a way to make it work permanently in windows 10 ?

Thank you!

pantau
Paper Tape
Views: 103
Message 4 of 4

I have the same problem, I also have to re-register my fingerprints after booting form W10/7. Have you found a solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors