Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jannik_scb
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo P72 fan too loud

Hello,

one of our P72 Workstation Notebooks has a continous loud fan even if the CPU loud is very low.

I already checked the BIOS settings, removed the little bit of dust and installed a power configuration patch, but it doesn't work.

What can I do to solve this problem? If there is another possibility, I wouldn't send the notebook to Lenovo because we really need it.

Thanks for every answer Smiley Happy

Greetings from germany!

Jannik

djthumpdj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 66
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo P72 fan too loud

I have this ANNOYing issue too. PLS check your machines for something which I have noticed - maybe it will help us get to the solution:

When I open the Task Manager (CTRL+Shift+ESC) I will always see something using High CPU load for a second, and then that task disappears. (you will need to have set the Task Manager to sort according to CPU load beforehand). I have seen multiple culprits...System Interup, Start, Task Manager, Runtime Broker.
Its as if they use high cpu only in the background, and if I look at them they drop to low CPU usage! I have tried everything, scratching my head to figure out how to debug this.

A few times I was able to get the fans to calm down if I open the Task Manager many times over a few minutes.

The machine isnt running warm on idle.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors