Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbarlock
Paper Tape
Views: 824
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Solution Center & Ricoh PCIe SD/MMC Host Controller

I have a W510 and installed the LSC not long ago.  It reports that the Ricoh PCIe SD/MMC Host Controller is disabled, but the Device Manager says "This device is working properly."  Anyone else seen this and have a resolution (or than disabling the warning)?

Thanks!

Chris

Guru
Views: 797
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Solution Center & Ricoh PCIe SD/MMC Host Controller

Dear Chris, Welcome to the Community! Smiley Very Happy

Go to Settings, under Lenovo Solution Center configuration, you could uncheck Device Manager.Capture.JPG

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Peter

W520 (4284-A99) | i9300 - CM11 / GoogyMax 2

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark the thread solved if the solution works | Direct e-mail regarding technical problems will be ignored

=====================================

Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Equalizer APO 

cbarlock
Paper Tape
Views: 791
Message 3 of 5

Peter, that really just hides the problem.  The real question is why does LSC report the device as disabled when the Device Manager says it it OK.  On the surface, sounds like an LSC bug.

Chris

Guru
Views: 774
Message 4 of 5

Hi Chris

In my opinion, this is very subjective. Normally, people would only disable the device if there is any issue with it. Some tech savvy user may choose to disable the device to improve startup performance, etc.

Probably, LSC think it is an issue and Microsoft think disabling a device is not a big deal. (Action Center will not notify you about this)

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Peter

W520 (4284-A99) | i9300 - CM11 / GoogyMax 2

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark the thread solved if the solution works | Direct e-mail regarding technical problems will be ignored

=====================================

Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Equalizer APO 

cbarlock
Paper Tape
Views: 770
Message 5 of 5

Peter.  It sound like perhaps you have this backward.  My issue is that the PCIe device is NOT disabled, but LSC is warning me that it IS disabled.  So, LSC is not reporting the correct information.

Chris

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors