cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionelg
Serial Port
Views: 880
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Solution Center warning error code W149KPQFG-HJT1SA (SMART Short Self Test)

Hello folks,

I have a Seagate ST9500420AS (7200 RPM) system hard disk and I just received this warning error code during the last hardware scan: W149KPQFG-HJT1SA (during SMART Short Self Test).

However when I check my drive with the Seagate's SeaTools for Windows the drive looks alright with all the tests, FixaAllLong and SMART.

Any suggestions? My system seems alright. I have a ThinkPad W510 4318 machine with Windows 10 Pro x64 build 15063. I have attached the system report from LSC.

PS. I run the test again after a few hours and the SMART Short Self Test was succesful. Any suggestions or recommendations. I'm keeping an eye on my system drive and now will be very careful with it.

rvcjew
802.11n
Views: 848
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Solution Center warning error code W149KPQFG-HJT1SA (SMART Short Self Test)

If seatools says it's okay after the long test not just the smart short then I'd say your fine.
I own a Y510p SLI (retired), Yoga 2 Pro, P50 4K, X1C5
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 830
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo Solution Center warning error code W149KPQFG-HJT1SA (SMART Short Self Test)

Which version of Lenovo Solution Center do you have installed?

Install version 3.6.002 from here:

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en//downloads/DS104444

See if the Smart short self test warning clears.

ionelg
Serial Port
Views: 806
Message 4 of 5

Yep, that's what I figured too...

Thanks for your feedback. Cheers.

ionelg
Serial Port
Views: 806
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion... I'm an IT Architect with some ThinkPad and hardware/software experience.

I got the first message in LSC 3.4. Than I upgraded to the latest 3.6 version and it still gave me the same SMART warning.

One hour later, only God knows why, it passed the SMART test. I figure it will remain one of those unexplainable mysteries... I had my fair share of those.

The good news is that Seagate's SeaTools didn't find andy SMART issues with the drive which passed all the arcane tests.

Cheers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors