Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gryo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,689
Message 31 of 74

Re: Lenovo Think Pad P52 updated BIOS with error PS/2 Mouse Not Detected

@ggbm Well is it really the final solution to fix the problem though?

I'm really just expecting Lenovo to pull out a software fix.
First of all cause it would be very worrying if they can't repair what they broke (without even caring to retrieve the update that was released on November) and second of all cause i can't afford to separate from my laptop for a repair that could have been avoided (unless this is a kind of repair that can be made "on-site" without sending the machine to their labs).

After this i will surely check everywhere on the internet to see if new updates are giving troubles or not before actually doing them.

Hopefully Lenovo will also give us some updates soon.
ggbm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,647
Message 32 of 74

@Gyro:
I don't know if this is the final solution - i am not Lenovo-employee Smiley Happy.

"I'm really just expecting Lenovo to pull out a softare fix." - i expected this already a month ago, as they fixed a similar issue on the Lenovo X1 Carbon (Thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-6th-Gen-Synaptics-Touchpad-Firmware... ).

The hardware-exchange can be done on-site by service technician. In my case keyboard, touchpad and trackpoint have been replaced. This took about 1 hour.

So either you wait for an unpredictable time for a SW-fix or you request a HW-fix asap. I needed my device for business, so it was pretty akward to admit in front of my customers that the my Lenovo notebook is broken and to carry around an etxra mouse.
lnebel
What's DOS?
Views: 2,595
Message 33 of 74

Same thing just happened to me on the first day with a brand new and expensive P52! What a start. Just applied the updates suggested in Lenovo Vantage and the touchpad and trackpoint stopped working!

GMPW
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,529
Message 34 of 74

Exactly the same to me! "PS/2 Mouse not detected"

I have a THINKPAD-P52-TYPE-20M9-20MA.

Lenovo Team please help with this isue!

brendanhoar
Punch Card
Views: 2,440
Message 35 of 74

Another week, no news, Lenovo?
Highlighted
Lenovo Employee Mai_small_cat
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,345
Message 36 of 74

Hi All

Sorry for long time no update.

After many trials, we fininally could reproduce the issue. Based on our investigation in our defect system, the clickpad software has been broken by unknown reason during TrackPoint FW updating and it causes the devices no function problem. We are studying in the root cause while working on the clickpad software release to recover the defect clickpad. We hope that we can finish the preparation and release process as soon to share software to you. I will update once the software is available on Lenovo download.

So sorry for your troubles and thank you very much for your patience. 

From Lenovo
FunnyMeNow
Paper Tape
Views: 2,263
Message 37 of 74

Is there any sort of time frame we can expect a fix? I'm having this same problem..

Zahrabb
What's DOS?
Views: 2,215
Message 38 of 74

Hello,

I usually do software update and I wanted to do the updates using Lenovo Vantage. Trackpoint update failed for some reason and suddenly my touch pad no longer works. i restarted the PC, it says no mouse connected. I went to Lenovo update page and tried to install the software update for the trackpoint. It says failed to enter transparent mode. I am completely stuck in a business trip overseas and I really need to use my touchpad. I never expected that to happen for such a premium laptop

Moderator note: post merged with existing thread.  Subject edited to match.  Was:  P52 Trackpoint Firmware update failed and my touchpad stopped working

Zahrabb
What's DOS?
Views: 2,176
Message 39 of 74

Why didn't you guys pull the update if you know it was bricking people's laptop for this whole time. I updated today and I am doomed with the rest. When you know about a software update that causes damage, you should pull it right away not keep it and bricks one laptop after the other. This is not what i expect after paying $3,000 !!
brendanhoar
Punch Card
Views: 2,121
Message 40 of 74

Zahrabb is right. Why is the bad firmware updater still up on the lenovo site many months later?

This is just causing a headache for both your customers as well as your repair staff.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors