Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Franiu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 327
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga P40 and slow tranfer SDD Samsung 850 Pro 500 GB

I have problem with new SDD Samsung 850 Pro 500 GB in my Yoga P40. My computer has all drivers, new Windows 10 pro with all updates and latest firmware SDD but transfer is slow (ca. 250 MB/s). Program SAMSUNG MAGICIAL show information Sata 3 is available! but mode RAPID can't start.

Whan I have tried this disk in diffent computer (normal PC,not laptop) everything is ok (transfer ca. 500 MB/s). Old SSD in my laptop (Plextor PX-128M6Pro) has normal transfer. Where is the problem?

jdrodrig
Token Ring
Views: 271
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga P40 and slow tranfer SDD Samsung 850 Pro 500 GB

do you remember the speeds you were getting in the previous drive? (I say previous as you mentioned "new" SSD.

it would not hurt doing a run of intel drivers utility; I have often notice Intel has newer drivers than some pages in lenovo. (e.g. Intel Rapid Storage).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
SeniorGuru
Views: 265
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga P40 and slow tranfer SDD Samsung 850 Pro 500 GB

Is the Intel RST (rapid storage technology) driver installed?

In Device Manager, open the Disk Drives category and right-click on your SSD. Select Properties -> Driver tab and then push the "driver details" button to show all drivers associated with the device.

The two generic disk drivers from MS are disk.sys and partmgr.sys.  The Intel RST driver is iaStorF.sys.  Is it present?

Also, if Intel RST is installed, in Device Manager there is a category named IDE/ATA ATAPI Controllers.  Open it.  If Intel RST is installed you should see something like Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Family Chipset SATA AHCI Controller.  Is it present?

Intel RST is supposed to generally improve disk drive performance, and it should be installed.

Top Kudoed Authors