Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jannesalovaara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 749
Message 11 of 18

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad P40 Yoga only FHD in Europe?

Right you are. No updates to the list there.. I might have been ONCE AGAIN misinformed. Though there seems to be several inconsistencies with this throughout the web, Lenovo.com site and CS chat and this list. 

Also started to wonder that P50s is actually cheaper, at least in Europe, than the overpriced P40. Still 50S has a 3 year on-site base warranty and P40 only 1 year depot. P40 seems to be the only P with that poor warranty deal... How come? Seems a bit raw. 

Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 742
Message 12 of 18

@jannesalovaara wrote:

Still 50S has a 3 year on-site base warranty and P40 only 1 year depot. P40 seems to be the only P with that poor warranty deal... How come? Seems a bit raw. 

Doesn't the 2 year stanard EU warranty apply ? Everything have at least 2 years warranty (except the battery) over here if you buy it as an end consumer. Although for corporate customers the US-original 1 year warranty applies.

I agree that I would expect the 3 year warranty for that price.

Fanfold Paper
Views: 626
Message 13 of 18

Haha! The plot thickens.. My lord what a bunch of amateurs they seem to be at lenovo.com customer service. 

I was again confirmed, assured and insisted that the P40 Yoga will never ever be offered with WQHD in Europe.

So seems like there's no point to wait. 

This being said, considering the negative feedback P40 Yoga is getting on this forum too, I guess the P40 Yoga isn't at all what we all hoped it to be for the creatives. 

Thanks for playing Lenovo. 

Chris_Kruger
Paper Tape
Views: 585
Message 14 of 18

I already returned my P40. Starting to look outwards, away from Lenovo. To bad, I wished the P40 would be something great, but it was not.

jannesalovaara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 579
Message 15 of 18

Please do tell! 

What made you return the P40 what was it's biggest flaws, downfalls? 

I too by no means need to have an Lenovo. P40 though has seemed to be the only choice with these specs. Many more offer the almost same, though without the designated display card and mem.. So, what is your top choice to replace the P40 now? 

Thanks for sharing! 

Chris_Kruger
Paper Tape
Views: 572
Message 16 of 18

Hi Janne! Sure thing Smiley Happy

I work as an illustrator, and I'm used to working on a Wacom Cintiq, so I had a few expectations when I purchased the P40 (to high expectations I guess). I wanted to use the P40 as a "couch painting device".

- On the Cintiq device I have express keys which I use all the time. I thought it would be easy to replace these on the P40 with touch buttons. But that wasn’t the case. You have to lift the pen from the screen before you can use the touch buttons. 1-2cm that is. This really disturbs the workflow and gimps the speed of how fast you can work.

- The pen which comes with the P40 is utter crap. It’s way too thin to hold and work with, and you have to stabilize it with your second hand to be able to press the buttons on it. Its crap basically. They should at least sell the P40 with the bigger pen.

- 1920x1080 resolution is not big enough on a 14" screen. The ui scale in certain software is just too small. With a higher resolution you could for example set the Photoshop ui to 200% scaling, but with the 1920x1080 resolution 200% scaling in Photoshop is too big. I primarily work in Photoshop, so this was a big turn off.

- In tablet mode the pen cursor starts jumping all around. Tablet mode is the mode I would like to use sitting or lying on the couch, and that was just not possible.

Having such a pricetag, you would certainly expect that such simple things would work right?

I would certainly not recommend this device to someone who would like to use it for illustration work or painting/drawing. And that was one of their biggest selling points? Shame on you Lenovo

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 528
Message 17 of 18

While I can't really address most of your issues as I'm not an illustrator or in any way artistic (Smiley Wink), I did want to drop in here to say that there is a larger "fat" pen available for the P40.  It doesn't store in the laptop body though due to it's size.  There is a pen holder available for it that plugs into a USB port.

pen holder.JPGpen.JPG

More info here:

https://www.lenovoquickpick.com/usa/accessorycategory/92/pens

We've had feedback that some people actually prefer the thinner pen, while others (like yourself) prefer the thicker pen.  So both have been made available.  I also believe both have tips that can be swapped out.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
jannesalovaara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 415
Message 18 of 18

Not that this probably even matters anymore, since I think it's been established that the P40 wasn't at all what we hoped it to be. Also it seems like Lenovo.com has gone back in their plans to ever even put this out in Europe with WHQD. This mornign the customer servcie chat session went like so: 

>Sarah B.: Hello. My name is Sarah B..  How may I assist you?
>Janne: any confirmation on the p40 wqhd release date yet?
>Sarah B.: Let me check for you
>Janne: thanks!
>Sarah B.: Not planned for Europe
>Janne: oh common! you've been saying yes, then no, then yes and now no again?
>Janne: the last time i asked i was told end of may/april
>Janne: now it's no again?
>Janne: you really should get your act together..
>Sarah B.: As of now its not happening.
>Janne: just right now?
>Sarah B.: Sorry?
>Janne: "as of now" you mean just right now, because earlier it was in your plans.
>Sarah B.: Its no longer planned
>Janne: why so? i feel that there is demand for it. so why aren't you supplying to the demand?
>Janne: everyone knows FHD isn't enough for 14" screen to be able to do anything pro..
>Janne: you should probably read what your users/customers are talking about..
>Sarah B.: Thank you
>Sarah B.: Thanks for contacting us. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.
>
>The operator has ended the chat.
>Thank you for contacting us.

Good job Lenovo!!! 

Smiley Very Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors