cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jannesalovaara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 928
Message 1 of 18

Lenovo Thinkpad P40 Yoga only FHD in Europe?

Seems like Lenovo, for some probably sincerely hillarious reasons, has decided to put out the P40 to European markets only in FHD, WITHOUT the option to upgrade to wqhd. 

This decision, to me, seems to render the whole equipment useless and leaves me wonder to whom are they making their laptops for? My first guess would have been customers.. but the more I think about it the less I believe it to be so. 

If there's someone from Lenovo listening, here's something to consider: 

Putting out P40 in US only in WQHD and not even giving that as an option to European markets is just simply silly. Also, as you produce another viable option for anyone who's looking for an alternative for Surface Book, which is the Yoga 460, I'll give you a tip on that too: you probably shouldn't max it's ram to 8gb but let it go w-i-l-d on the full 16. 

You almost had it right. Close. But no. Not this time. 

blub
Punch Card
Views: 896
Message 2 of 18

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad P40 Yoga only FHD in Europe?

Yes that is also one of the decisions I just do NOT understand!

Just for completion if Lenovo decides to read it:

Thinkpad is mostly business users - I get that. But the TP line is also advertised as "high end", especially the X1C. So why on earth does the whole TP line come with Intel 520 graphics ONLY (in Europe !?). At least for T and X series there should have been either an Intel CPU with IRIS or dedicated graphics aimed to provide high erformance for those who want it and are willing to pay for it.

jannesalovaara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 878
Message 3 of 18

Apparently according to Lenovo the digital artists, engineers or architects of Europe just aren't that precice or sharp sighted.. 

I know somehow lenovo.com isn't the official lenovo but the official reseller and by them doing a quite poor job at it, they're sort of ruining it for all of us. Meaning, that they have a big precence and I guess it's quite hard to deal then directly with lenovo as this lenovo.com fills the space, but then again they decide what model with which options to stock where. And yeah, not doing a good job at it. At all. 

whatever222
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 4 of 18

Hey there, 

may I ask where you've got the Info from? Because Lenovo doesn't seem to bother answering me in any of the ways I tried to ask regarding the p40.

If the decision of not making the wqhd available for the european market is final, I'd be SO dissapointed!
I've been so eagerly waiting for the p40 for months and if the only option is this really crappy FHD with apparently 250 nits and 69% sRGB...then it really is a total waste of those other componets - what the HELL are they smoking? 

And if the decision is final: any suggestions for other convertible laptops with dGPU, digitizer and minimum 13+ screen?

jannesalovaara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 783
Message 5 of 18

Lenovo.com sales reps have told me so on their CS chat.. several times. Patrick, Sean.. Laura once again this morning. Also none of the resellers I've checked from offer it with WQHD.

Yes. The disappointment, especially since I've been putting off buying a much needed new laptop now for 4 month to wait for this one to roll out.. Infuriating even. 

whatever222
Paper Tape
Views: 772
Message 6 of 18

Good to know... I've had a chat this morning and the german sales reps seem to be absoluteley clueless about it. 
One retailer told me, lenovo just wouldn't answer him regarding this, although alot of customers are "waiting" and frequently asking for the wqhd version and he's just "hoping" that by the end of march "maybe"...I don't think so.

I've been saving up and meanwhile living with a really old, half working netbook, only to be frustrated by the lack of care from lenovo. 

I'm now deciding between the x1 yoga and the surface book, although I like the 1st one better, I'm concerned that the shared graphics won't be sufficient for photshop/illustrator & zbrush use.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 759
Message 7 of 18

There seems to be two similar threads going about this topic, so here is a link to my post in the other thread just so you're aware.....link.

I did send links for both of these threads over to the team so they were aware of the feedback from the forums.  Best I can do from my end, but as I suggested in the other thread, I would keep telling your sales reps exactly what you're looking for.  

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
jannesalovaara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 730
Message 8 of 18

Our tiny bit of public murmur has perhaps yielded some positive movement among Lenovo.com:

I chatted with an rep yesterday and I was told that now it seems to be more about the parts availability. I was told that they will try to offer it, as soon as they confirm the parts – though no promises were made of when or where. 

Thanks for your support 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 724
Message 9 of 18

Good to hear.  That's certainly a big part of it is making sure the right parts are at the right factory in order to support it, so it sounds like a good start.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 714
Message 10 of 18

Check PSREF WE book, that's the most reliable source http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad_P40_Yoga As you can see the only Region = WE model is FHD.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors