cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kestrel1978
Paper Tape
Views: 2,001
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Thinkpad P50 - recommendation for monitor (docking station with monitors)

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with ThinkPad Workstation Dock. It is now paired with a old monitor and I wan't to invest in a good monitor. 

I use it for different task at work, including regular office (word, excel ...), web browsing, digital drawing, photo editing, video editing (both HD and  4K 3840 x 2160) and viewing VR models in Sketchfab. 

I'm looking at ThinkVision monitors and I wonder if whether HD, UHD or 4K is the right choice, I would be happy to get recommendations? Is it capable of 4K?

If I buy two monitors, do they have to be similar regarding definition and aspect ratio?

Specifications:

Lenovo Thinkpad P50 

Windows 10

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @ 2.80GHz

32GB RAM

64-bit

Intel(R) HD Graphics P530

Regards,

Ron

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,991
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad P50 - recommendation for monitor (docking station with monitors)

There is no right choice for everyone.  I will say that right now, I am using a ThinkVision X1 (4k) and it looks really good to me.  I really like the sharp text.  The speakers aren't great, which is common for thin monitors.  The viewing angles are good.  I removed the stand and am using a VESA-mounted stand, which I like.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Kestrel1978
Paper Tape
Views: 1,963
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad P50 - recommendation for monitor (docking station with monitors)

Good to hear. So my laptop have a good enough graphic card to run 4K monitor?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,943
Message 4 of 5

yes

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Kestrel1978
Paper Tape
Views: 1,917
Message 5 of 5

Great. Then I will buy ThinkVision P27Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors