Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonBeer
Paper Tape
Views: 480
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Thinkpad W541 - Display adapters driver update issues

Hey everyone,

I am facing troubles installing the newest drivers for the graphics adapter. First of all basic information about my machine.

Lenovo Thinkpad W541

OS

- Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1

System

- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2,50GHz 2,50GHz

- Installed memory: 16,0 GB

- System tpye: 64-bit Operating System

Dispaly adapters

- Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Capture.PNG

- NVIDIA Quadro K2100M

Capture1.PNG

Above you can see the current driver versions of the display adapters. Unfortunately installing the driver update for display adapters from the lenovo support page (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/se/de/downloads/ds037642) didn't work. Once I got a BSOD after rebooting and the other time the driver versions just stayed the same without change.

Situations when I feel that something is wrong with the drivers are for instance when I want to launch a game. After launching the game,  the screen turns immediately black and I fall back to the desktop. When launching another game, the screen just flickers black and white. 

I would be grateful if somebody could help me with that matter since after hours of research I haven't been able to solve the problem myself. 

Please let me know if more information is required. 

Cheers,

Simon

freddellmeister
Token Ring
Views: 428
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad W541 - Display adapters driver update issues

I would download the latest driver from Nvidia download page.

I use the W541 to play several games like Fortnight, Roblox, Pinball Arcade. They all work fine using a recent Nvidia driver.

SimonBeer
Paper Tape
Views: 417
Message 3 of 4

Hey feddellmeister,

thanks for your reply.

May I ask if you are using windows 7 or windows 10?

And would you mind to send me an screenshot of your driver versions? For some reason all my drivers have very old driver dates although I really downloaded and updated every single driver from the lenovo support page. 

I have already tried to download the latest driver from Nvidia download page but unfortunately it did not help. But thanks for your suggestion.

I guess the problem lies more in updating the Intel HD Graphics Adapter. When i tried to download and install the driver directly form the intel download page it gave me something  like "Your system does not fulfill the requirements."

Any other ideas? 

freddellmeister
Token Ring
Views: 400
Message 4 of 4

Hi I am running Windows 10, but the same Nvidia driver version is available on W7. For the latest intel driver I would use the one coming with  the latest packgade from March 2018.. Is this the one you are trying? 388.75 seems pretty recent..

Capture2.PNG

Here is my Nvidia version:

image.pngNvidia Driver

If you have problems applying the new driver from Lenovo, pls use clean install first. If that doesn't work I would suggest doing Display Driver Uninstall on the existing NVIDIA adriver and install the fresh copy.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors