Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ammarata
Paper Tape
Views: 945
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Thinkpad W550s Power Adapter

hi, 

i need to buy a new AC power adapter for my W550s. 

the available adapter in both lenovo site and amazon is with part number is : 0A36258 

while the original part number is 45N0254

both are 65W. 

is it ok ? can i safely buy the ( 0A36258 ) ac power adapter for my thinkpad W550s ? 

thanks,

miesupport
Paper Tape
Views: 875
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad W550s Power Adapter

Yes the Lenovo AC adapter that came with your laptop (65W) is identical to PN 0A36258.

Also you can check here for the list of all compatible Lenovo AC adapters (for laptop PN starting with 20EN). Higher wattage is fine and should charge the batery faster at the cost of size/weight of the adapter.

http://accsmartfind.lenovo.com/search?query=20e2&queryIsMT=0&pageSize=40&pageIndex=1&categoryId=9

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 869
Message 3 of 4

Make sure you get a real Lenovo adapter.  There are aftermarket ones that are "compatible" but not well made.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Bauden
Token Ring
Views: 851
Message 4 of 4

Any adapter with a power on (good) LED, is better than ANY Lenovo PSU black box.  Saves wasting time going from socket to socket trying to find a good one, or noticing the extension cord has been switched off or unpluged.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors