cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rahbelious2002
What's DOS?
Views: 215
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo W530 Wifi, Bluetooth, USB Port Issues after Restoring BIOS to defaults. Windows 10.

Reset BIOS Settings to default to remedy a display issue and when I booted back into windows, Wifi and USB were disabled completely along with many other services.  Lenovo chat support suggested they send me the original Windows 8 Pro disc and re-image, or I send it in for repair under the warranty.  Fiddled around some more and fixed the issue.

On this model you have to Spam the "Enter" key at bootup to access the Startup Pause Menu and then Press F1 to enter BIOS.  

Upon resetting the BIOS to it's defaults the I/O Ports were set to "Disabled".  To remedy this do the following:  BIOS >  Security Tab > I/O Port Access >  "Enable" all fields.

This was the quick fix I was looking for and I ended up finding it out myself.  Hopefully, this can help someone else in the future.  I didn't think to look under the "Security" tab in BIOS for port, wifi, bluetooth issues... but now I know.  #KnowingIsHalfTheBattle.  Cheers.

-Rahb

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors