Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Gh0st
Paper Tape
Views: 221
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo W530 and Third Party Battery

I was looking for a post for my issues could only find one from 8 yrs ago, so ere goes... 

I recently purchased a Duracell 9 cell battery for my W530, worked for months without a hitch, until I performed a system flash, now I get the "Battery not supported and will not charge message", So I returned the battery believing it was faulty back to Duracell who replaced it no questions ask, Normal Service resumed, now the message is back some 5 months later, only this time I returned the third party battery and purchase a GENUINE lenovo 9 cell which was double the price of the OEM battery, however the message remained. The battery is correct the part number has been indenified as correct by Lenovo, but the message remains. The Laptop when new would have been nearly $3,000 (£2,500) when new, but now the warranty has expired. The machine works fine which its 2TB SSD and 32 GIG of ram running Windows 10 Pro.

Laptop is just 4 year old would be a real shame to scrap it over a battery..., very sad!

Can Anyone throw some light on this issue,and keep the conversation on track

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 157
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo W530 and Third Party Battery

The genuine must be a 70+ or 70++, not the 25+ or 25++ ftom the 520 machines.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors