Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alinper
Paper Tape
Views: 508
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo W530 forgot password

Hello, friends!

As I said in the title I have a w530 Lenovo Thinkpad and in the past, I set a password and a fingerprint in the laptop. Because I did not need the password I forgot it and use only the fingerprint to log on. But sometimes I have some errors with the fingerprint reader and I need the password. So how can I recover my pass?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 435
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo W530 forgot password

If you lost the BIOS password, there is no reccovery.  The choices are to remember the password or replace the motherboard.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
alinper
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 3 of 4

Is not about BIOS pass. Is the password from Windows login. I need to enter fingerprint or password. And sometimes in not working the fingerprint and I forgot the password. One solution I think is to reinstall Windows but I don't want to reinstall all software.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 381
Message 4 of 4

The forum rules prohibit discussions on ways to defeat security systems.  The process is different depending on your operating system, not on whether you have a Lenovo laptop or another manufacturer's desktop.  I suggest looking in the Microsoft Knowledge Base

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors