cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maz90
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 227
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo W540 beeps and launches apps and types by its own when moved!!

Hello Lenovo community!

I'm dealing with this frustrating problem with my Lenovo W540 since some months ago. I hope someone can help me with that!

Whenever I move a little bit my laptop, it makes a beep sound and it launches Calculator and Excel a lot of times. It also launches the search tool on windows and keeps typing & till I push the Esc bottun several times. So a slight move to my laptop results in 10 unwanted calculator and and Excel or Word windows opended while making numerous beep sounds. Once I went to BIOS to start into Ubuntu and see if the problem is with Windows and I noticed that even in Bios the beep sound persists and it kept changing the Bios options by itself while making beep sounds!

I contacted the Lenovo support and they changed my keyboard a couple of month ago. The problème was gone for a couple of months and now it's back.

My computer is still under warranty but since I use it everyday for my work, I really want to avoid waiting several weeks without my laptop so I've been trying to avoid the issue by not moving my laptop. But it's becoming unbearable now since even when I move the screen a little bit, the issue happens!

Thank you for your help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 178
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo W540 beeps and launches apps and types by its own when moved!!

It is difficult to diagnose without actually seeing the machine.  If moving the base causes the problem, I would guess you have a short or bad connection in the touchpad or keyboard cable.  If moving the lid causes the problem, my guess is the cable into the lid (through the right hinge) that goes to the camera and microphone (also USB devices).  It also could be a bad USB chip on the motherboard

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors