Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bly86
What's DOS?
Views: 256
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo thinkpad P51s stuck on boot menu

My thinkpad (P51s, windows 10) crashed.  Now when I start it up I see the lenovo splash screen that says to interupt normal startup, press enter.  Then it will go to the boot menu (blue and get screen with two tabs, boot menu and app menu, under boot menu my options are windows boot manager and PCI Lan, under app menu my options are Diagnostic Splash Screen and Lenovo Diagnosics).  When I select windows boot manager the screen refreshes.  I have run the lenovo diagnostics (took about 10 hours) and everything passed.  I have reset the computer and changed the bios boot order, no impact.  I have tried to start up with it unplugged and with the external battery removed and both, no change.  Every once in z while after testing it 50 or so times it will start windows and everything will work fine.  When windows does start I have run all the windows and Lenovo updates.  I have tried reimaging the computer, no change.  

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 251
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo thinkpad P51s stuck on boot menu

Just a guess, but I think your boot SSD is slow to respond to a power-up command.  I would try turning off fast startup (control panel/power/change what power buttons do)  I don't think it's likely to work, but it's free and easy.  If you can borrow another drive, try that.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Bly86
What's DOS?
Views: 245
Message 3 of 4

Is it possible to do that outside of windows, ie in the bios?  I've been trying to get into windows for 3 hours. 

Bly86
What's DOS?
Views: 228
Message 4 of 4

I was able to get into windows and turned off fast startup.  Did not resolve issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors