Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radekpletka
Token Ring
Views: 221
Message 11 of 15

Re: M.2 SSD on W540 20BGCT01WW

I am having fun:  

Here is a copy of the e-mail that you sent to KingSpec Electronics Technology Co. Ltd. No further action is required on your part. Seller will communicate to you if there are any questions or comments. 

------------- Begin message -------------

My friend bought for me  KingSpec 2242-1tb-A  X0027XHNRR and I installed it into Lenovo W540. The installation went OK, it fits in, the blue light on the m.2 slot next to the M.2 drive is on but the Win10 pro on W540 does not recognize this SSD. It does not show in the device manager.  Other SSD utility programs also do not see the 1T M.2 KingSpec drive. Where can I download the drivers for it and do you also have the program, which checks the health of the drive if it has the latest firmware. Thank you  R. Pletka

====

Any advice?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 203
Message 12 of 15

As I said, I have never used that drive but I would expect that it would work.  Boot into the BIOS and under security/I-O Port access, make sure WWAN is not disabled.  I would also look under the windows Disk Manager screen to see if it needs to be initialized.  Beyond that, I have no suggestions.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
radekpletka
Token Ring
Views: 188
Message 13 of 15

It is enabled, it has a blue light on, so it looks like it is powered, but system does not recognize it. The chinese seller is communicating with me, but so far just general recommendations. I am looking for USB to M.2 adapter to check the darn thing other way.

R

radekpletka
Token Ring
Views: 177
Message 14 of 15

Good news. Problem solved

This is what worked for me. Because I did not see the 1T SSD as second drive on the boot screen of W540, I decided to take out my primary 2.5 inch SATA SSD, which is easy to take out, basically just the 2 screews on the cover and one more screw on HD enclosure.

The I removed the batter, took out the power, waited a bit and put battery and power in and tried to boot the W540. On the boot screen it showed the boot screen, I went to bios and run a storage test and it showed that the 1T SSD is OK.

I then put back the 2.5 inch SSD and run the free EaseUS Todo Backup and Cloned the 250G SSD to 1T. I booted the computer with F12 option, it showed the 1T SSD and computer booted from it. Now I will run the Partition magic to fix the 750G of free space on the SSD, but this is not a big deal. Thank you for your help and support. On the Amazon website, whete I bought it, is even a page wiht list of compatible computers and the W540 is on it. I did not see this before I bought it.

I was also impressed with a support from KingSpec, Mellisa English was good and she was responding promptly

radekpletka
Token Ring
Views: 125
Message 15 of 15

Just wanted to confirtm the W540 with 1TB is working without any problems so far.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors