Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-14-2009

Winchester

11 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 1 of 4

Mobile Broadband and Wireless Wan not showing in Access Connections

2009-08-14, 9:39 AM

Hi all, i hope someone can help.

When i am out and about, if i open access connections, i am not able to connect to the internet using Mobile broadband, as the option is not available.  Under the wireless options section the Wireless Wan section is not available, it is not greyed out or anything, it is simply just not there.

Here comes the confusing part.

When i get into the office, i connect to the lan via ethernet, and bobs your uncle the Wireless Wan option is now available and i am able to select connect to Mobile Broadband.

So why am i able to connect to Mobile broadband when i am in the office, yet when i am genuinely mobile, the option is not available?

Advanced info

I have installed the lateset Wireless Wan drivers from the Lenovo website.

I have updated the machine using system updates, so as far as i am aware everything is in tip top shape.

Options

41 Posts

10-26-2008

United States of America

136 Signins

935 Page Views

• Views: 935
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Mobile Broadband and Wireless Wan not showing in Access Connections

2009-08-14, 20:38 PM

I can't help you, but for what it's worth, I have a similar problem with my R61. When it's docked to the 2503 Advanced Dock, the WiFi option disappears; it's not dimmed out, it's gone. All is well when I undock the R61. The problem appears to be the Matrox drivers for my M9120 PCI-E graphics card.

I wish I could use WiFi while docked at work so I could allow coworker to share my WiFi-to-3G connection to the Internet. 

Thinkpad W500, Windows 7 Ultimate, ATI graphics (home); ThinkPad E531, Windows 7 Enterprise, Intel graphics (work)
Options

1593 Posts

07-17-2009

Slovakia

576 Signins

12029 Page Views

• Views: 12029
  • Message 3 of 4

2009-08-27, 20:19 PM

Hi,

I would be really interrested in the fackt, that when you can not see the WWAN option in Access Connections, do you at least see the WWAN status, when you press FN+F5? <by the "Wireless Radio" tab>

I think, that it would be better, if this would be discussed by ThinkVantage Technologies topic so that I would have better view on this, but anyway.

I do remember, that just now was there a new WWAN driver released. Could you check with this one.

BTW: what is the AC version that you are using?

Rgrds

Options

3 Posts

08-14-2009

Winchester

11 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 4 of 4

2009-08-28, 9:05 AM

Hi.

When i boot my laptop up and it is not connected to the LAN when being booted, if i open access connections i see neither th wwan status or options.  It is as if the hardwar for wwan does not exist.

I have a mobile broadband option which is greyed out so can not elect it, also have a broadband profile which is also useless as i the connect option does not work.

My AC version is 5.31

If i boot my laptop up and it is connected to the Lan at the time i boot, then the system works fine, the wwan status is there, and AC shows me the option to connect to mobile broadband.

I will check to see if i have th latest wwan driver if no i will install it, hoever i did do the lenovo system updates a week or so ago and took all updates availble.  Anyways i ill double check.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms