Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roufamatic
What's DOS?
Views: 2,013
Message 1 of 2

Mouse buttons not working when keyboard in use

W530 laptop with latest recommended Synaptics driver (19.0.17.115), Windows 10.

I occasionally play games on my laptop using the touchpad and mouse buttons. Thanks to these forums, I learned that I needed to disable PalmCheck in order to be able to use the touchpad at the same time as the keyboard. Everything works great for my (default admin) account.

I set up an account for my son to use so he could play Minecraft with his brother. Though I have more than quadruple-checked the Ultranav settings from my son's account, the mouse buttons refuse to operate when a key is pressed. Interestingly, the touchpad itself DOES respond, it's just the mouse buttons (both R & L) that insist on waiting until all keys have been released.

So in summary:

* Works fine on my original > 4-year-old account that I migrated from W8 years ago;

* Does not work on a separate account I created a couple of months ago.

Any idea where to begin with this one? This smells like a funky setting in the registry for my son's account.

roufamatic
What's DOS?
Views: 1,946
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mouse buttons not working when keyboard in use

Turns out that I needed to set the touchpad sensitivity to "Most Sensitive" in the Windows 10 settings -- not Ultranav.

Guess there's no distinction between a tap click on the touchpad and a dedicated mouse button click.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors