cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tims1138
What's DOS?
Views: 283
Message 1 of 3

My Book USB3 drive disappearing when plugged into Mini Dock Plus Series 3 USB 3 port

I am having an issue with any W530 when plugged into a Lenovo Mini Dock Plus Series 3 USB 3 port, the drive will keep disappearing and reappearing.  This occurs to any W530 with any of the doc's as long as its plugged into the USB3 port on the Doc, if the drive is plug directly into the USB 3 port of the W530, I see no issues.   All the drivers on the W530 are up to date, its running Windows 7 x64 SP1 fully patched.  Has anyone seen this with these type of drives or have one that's working.

The Western Digitial  My book is the 3TB version.  I have the format set for 512k sector size to allow it to be used with Windows Backup.

ScP
What's DOS?
Views: 225
Message 2 of 3

Betreff: My Book USB3 drive disappearing when plugged into Mini Dock Plus Series 3 USB 3 port

I'm having the exact same issue with the same external harddisk. The Lenovo hotline support girl told me that only Lenovo USB hard drives are officially supported... which is kind of a bad joke imo.

Please fix this issue asap.

mikemyers
SCSI Port
Views: 210
Message 3 of 3

Betreff: My Book USB3 drive disappearing when plugged into Mini Dock Plus Series 3 USB 3 port

I've got a Western Digital "My Passport" 2TB drive connected to the USB3 port on the Mini Dock Plus Series 3 USB.

It has only been connected for half an hour, but so far there are no issues. If that changes, I'll post an update here.

I just posted a question a few minutes ago, asking if it's better to connect external drives to the Mini Dock, or to the W530 directly.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I used the drive directly "out of the box", without changing the disk format.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors