02-14-2017 03:54 PM
Are you using BitLocker or any other encryption software?
We know what the serial number issue is, but I don't think it is related to the firmware update failure that you are reporting.
02-14-2017 06:25 PM
For the BitLocker users, please try this and let me know the result:
1. suspend BitLocker
2. run the NVMe firmware update tool again - does it work now?
3. resume BitLocker
02-15-2017 08:30 AM
No good with Bitlocker suspended. Same error(s)
This is what I did:
* Right click C:
* Manage Bitlocker
* Suspend protection
* Run the NVMe update tool - which still fails with the same linux screen and comes back with the same failling Windows dialog after restart
* I noticed bitlocker resumed protection automatically - which it said it would do
02-22-2017 09:50 AM
There are two known issues with the NVMe SSD firmware update tool:
1. If you are using BitLocker or some other disk encryption, you must disable and decrypt the drive before running the NVMe firmware update tool. Previously, I was told that suspending BitLocker was good enough; in fact it isn't. BitLocker must be completely disabled. I realize this is a big deal and makes the firmware update tool useless. But as of right now I don't have any other solution. (I believe this is bthurber's and outernational's issue)
2. If you are using P50 or P70 with multiple drives, the firmware update tool may fail on one of them. Right now I don't have any work-around for this situation. (I believe this is cokefd's issue)
If anyone is having an issue not described above, please tell me more details about it.