106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 1 of 2

Need Multiple Monitor Setup for W540 & Ultra Dock 40A2 170W

2018-03-12, 23:57 PM

ThinkPad W540

Ultra Dock 40A2

NVIDIA Quadro K2100M

HELP PLEASE!  I need to hook up 5 additional Monitors (6 including the W540 LCD).  This is for Stock Trading. I have all 5 additional monitors on a monitor stand, it's a sweet setup! I have set the Graphic BIOS on the W540 to Advanced. In Advanced Mode I thought that all of the Video Ports would be live.  Here is what I can get to work: W540 LCD Monitor, two Monitors using the Dock's two Display Ports, and one Monitor using the Dock's VGA Port.  Althhough they work, the resolution is not sharp as expected except on the W540 LCD.  I cannot get the two remaing Monitors to work. I tried using the HDMI Port on the Dock connected to the HDMI on the Monitor, and the DVI-D Port on the Dock, using a DVI-D to HDMI converter cable (HDMI connected to Monitor) and that won't work.  I've also tried using the USB 3.0 cables.  I cannot get two of the 5 monitors to work.

Is is possible at all with the setup I have, or do I need to go to a USB Display Adapter?  If I need to go the USB Display Adapter route, can I still use some of the cables I have and only use the USB Display Adapter for the two that won't work.  Or, do I need to get a Plugable 7 Port USB Adapter and connect them all up this way.  Using the USB Display Adapter should I connect them all using HDMI or VGA?

Thanks in advance for helping me out, I have multiple hours invested and no hair left!  Rick

Options

4 Posts

04-28-2017

MY

68 Signins

304 Page Views

• Views: 304
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Need Multiple Monitor Setup for W540 & Ultra Dock 40A2 170W

2018-03-13, 10:02 AM

The link below is a Display Output Configuration. It shows that W540 is capable to output 5 displays and the LCD as well to a total of 6 displays.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/my/en/solutions/pd029622

Hope it helps.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save