cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swade01
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 3

New Thinkpad W530 order direct from Lenovo with integrated mobile will not connect to broadband

I purchased a W530 with integrated mobile and have been trying to connect with various networks to no avail. I have a Type 2436-CTO S/N xxxxxxx 13/08 and Windows 8 came installed when I received. I have upgraded BIOS and everything that Lenovo solutions says I need to update.  

The MEID is A1xxxxxxxxxxx. It came with an integrated Sierra Wireless MC8355-Gobi 3000 modem. I have downloaded an updated driver for Windows 8 for the MC8355. I have spoken with almost every Lenovo technical person as well as taken the computer to various network stores and so far no one can figure out why it won't connect to Verizon.

Verizon says I'm active and the computer error message says I am not active. Every tech has tried to look at the system by logging into my computer and no one can figure it out. The device manager says the MC8355 is working. Interesting when it was shipped to me it also had an AT&T sim card installed. After I had signed up with AT&T and one mo of paying for service they determined it would not work on their network. Finally someone told me to take the AT&T sim card out and it still will not connect.

Verizon tells me I do not need a sim card as I have the MC8355 but they can't tell me why I can't connect. Now I've paid for Verizon service for one month and still cannot connect. Everything else works fine with the W530. I've owned ThinkPads exclusively since the first one ever came out. I've never not been able to connect to mobile broadband with any others. I also went through about two weeks of trying to connect with Lenovo Mobile Access and that did not work because I'm running Windows 8. Finally a nice gentleman called me from LMA to tell me it will not work after all the time of connecting and being on the road. I could go back to an old ThinkPad to travel with but I'm determined to get my new one to connect. Any more advice or anything anyone can tell me try?

Moderator Note; imei & s/n edited for member's own protection

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Thinkpad W530 order direct from Lenovo with integrated mobile will not connect to broadband

Hi swade01,

Have a look there: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=HT077670

It might help you hopefully.

Vince.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

swade01
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Thinkpad W530 order direct from Lenovo with integrated mobile will not connect to broadband

Vince69! You are THE MAN!!! I can't thank you enough. I've been so frustrated with every technical person I have spoken with on the phone. I've read everything I could find online at Lenovo, but you came through for me and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Thanks so very much! This is the first time I've been on a forum. How do I give you KUDOS??

Top Kudoed Authors