Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boregan
What's DOS?
Views: 194
Message 1 of 2

New; problems with migrating to msata and recovery - OS has disappeared

Hi,

I wanted to move the OS (Windows 7) on my newly purchased Lenovo W530 fo a Msata dirve by using the recovery disks. The problem is: 

I choose the second option when booting from the recovery CD; not to repartition my old hard dirve but to reset and wipe all data so that I could reinstall from factory settings.  However at that point  I discoverd that I had not burned all the recovery disks correctly.  I got the message that I had the incorrect disk.  I did not have any other disks and I was not permitted to cancel the process. SO I switched off my W530.  I then tried in BIOS  to set boot back to default settings to get at the original OS on the old harddirve.  After trying to boot form the old HDD my laptop fails and all I get now  is a black screen.  Is the OS hidign soemwhere? Is there a way to just get back? Or did I erase it by choosing to    to recover the factory settings?  What do I need to do now to solve my problem?  

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 169
Message 2 of 2

Re: New; problems with migrating to msata and recovery - OS has disappeared

@boregan wrote:

Hi,

I wanted to move the OS (Windows 7) on my newly purchased Lenovo W530 fo a Msata dirve by using the recovery disks. The problem is: 

I choose the second option when booting from the recovery CD; not to repartition my old hard dirve but to reset and wipe all data so that I could reinstall from factory settings.  However at that point  I discoverd that I had not burned all the recovery disks correctly.  I got the message that I had the incorrect disk.  I did not have any other disks and I was not permitted to cancel the process. SO I switched off my W530.  I then tried in BIOS  to set boot back to default settings to get at the original OS on the old harddirve.  After trying to boot form the old HDD my laptop fails and all I get now  is a black screen.  Is the OS hidign soemwhere? Is there a way to just get back? Or did I erase it by choosing to    to recover the factory settings?  What do I need to do now to solve my problem?  

Make sure Safe Boot and UEFI are off in the BIOS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors