Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mavic
Paper Tape
Views: 582
Message 11 of 14

Re: New system board options for w530

Thanks Richk - thanks for explaining the memory slots.  So far I'm still leaning towards replacing the system board.  Good to know they'll all fit.  Now that I understand the AMT, TPM & RAID acronyms I can safely ignore them as I don't need those features. 

I am curious about which boards have the k1000m or k2000m (not sure if the W530 had other video options) - this will have a significant effect on what the board is worth.  Is it the Q1 and Q3 codes that signify which video chip is used? 

Any idea what the W8-PRO and W8-STD codes mean for the different FRUs?  Obvious guess is it refers to the operating system but I'm not sure why the OS would be included in a decription for the system board.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 574
Message 12 of 14

q1 =  k1000, q3 = k2000.  OEM win 8 licensing is done by storing the key in the bios.  The key stored on w530 can be pro, std or none.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Mavic
Paper Tape
Views: 559
Message 13 of 14

Thanks richk!

I'm off to ebay to hunt for a new system board....

lavillegr
Punch Card
Views: 220
Message 14 of 14

Hi Mavic,

This post is quite old but I just got the same issue as the one you described.

Did you end up replacing the board? I am about to send the computer to a service centre (out of warranty) and I want to understand if the issue is the board or something else.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors