Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northmilo
Serial Port
Views: 4,109
Message 1 of 4

OS clean installation process after latest Bios update

I am wondering how to process clean instalation of Windows Vista after my bios is updated to 1.20-1.01.

In the latest official graphic driver update manual it is wrtten to install graphic driver before updating the bios.

During clean install in my case I will have to install this graphic driver over bios 1.20-1.01 what is against the previous manual.

Any suggestions are welcome. 

W500, 4058 CTO, W7 x64 Clean Install, ATI CC 10.8, discrete graphics only, latest bios and drivers.
Manuel_A
Punch Card
Views: 4,089
Message 2 of 4

Re: OS clean installation process after latest Bios update

Hi Northmilo,

Read this guide line by line until you understand it first.

Then read the Clean Install Guide (Works for 32-bit or 64-bit) yet again then begin.

By reading first you will learn how to walk before you can run, by implementing these processes.       

I hope this helps you

Message Edited by Manuel_A on 01-29-2009 02:55 PM
Message Edited by Manuel_A on 01-29-2009 03:22 PM
Message Edited by Manuel_A on 01-29-2009 03:23 PM
Lenovo W701 | WUXGA RGB-LED-BL | Intel i7-920XM | Nvidia FX 3800M | 16GB RAM @ 1333MHz | Intel X25-M 160GB MLC G2 | 500GB @ 7200RPM | Compact Flash (PCIe) + Express Card(34mm) | BlueTooth W/ Antenna |Intel Ultimate-N 6300 (3x3) |
oldguy
Punch Card
Views: 4,061
Message 3 of 4

@northmilo wrote:

I am wondering how to process clean installation of Windows Vista after my bios is updated to 1.20-1.01.

In the latest official graphic driver update manual it is written to install graphic driver before updating the bios.

During clean install in my case I will have to install this graphic driver over bios 1.20-1.01 what is against the previous manual.

Any suggestions are welcome. 

As it recall, if I read your question and circumstances correctly, what you are asking about revolves around the way the BIOS identified the video card subsystem ID (see thread W500 Graphic Help or something like that). "IF" there is a problem with installing the Lenovo Vista Driver AND it not correctly identify the video card correctly, then the workaround for "BIOS 1st and Video 2nd" install order was to:

1. On start up ( after getting your reinstalled Vista up and running) go into BIOS and disable switchable graphics

2. Start Vista (this is all after you have vista reinstalled) and install the Lenovo driver

3. Quit Vista, restart, going to BIOS and re-enable the switchable graphics

4. Show be good to go

This is assuming your reference to the situation as described in the rather longwinded thread mentioned above

Clear as mud???

JimL
W500 4085CTO Vista64/8GB/Solid Non-Flex keyboard
northmilo
Serial Port
Views: 4,057
Message 4 of 4

Manuel_A

Thank you very much for your interest but your link doesn`t cover my question.

oldguy

Your tip resolves my case theoriticly.

I will post results of clean install using latest bios soon.

Than I will know if there are some disadvatages with idetyfing video card.

Greetings.

W500, 4058 CTO, W7 x64 Clean Install, ATI CC 10.8, discrete graphics only, latest bios and drivers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors