Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawn07
Punch Card
Views: 4,987
Message 91 of 395

Re: W series shipping thread

@imparator wrote:
I finally got my W500 after waiting for 6 weeks. I'm very happy now. Will let you all know if it worth to wait or not.

So did mine! it was delivered yesterday to my apt but lenovo didn't provide my phone number to UPS so they had to take it back to the warehouse. I couldn't wait for their 3rd attempted delivery so I drove down 15 miles to pick it up.

lenovo doesn't have the ordering system hooked to UPS for information synchronization so my order status is still showing as "in process" which means being built. :-) Way to go lenovo.

Message Edited by shawn07 on 10-30-2008 03:12 PM
Message Edited by shawn07 on 10-30-2008 03:14 PM
Wombat2
Punch Card
Views: 4,968
Message 92 of 395

@mikeselld wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

I have appearently made it to the lower 48 states but have the following:

Louisville KY, US 10/30/08 1:20 P.M.S.

SHIPMENT IS HELD TO VERIFY COMMODITY DESCRIPTION WITH THE CUSTOMER FOR CORRECT CLASSIFICATION

This computer is cursed I tell you. The first thing I'm going to do is up the warrenty.

Mine says the same thing. I was actually starting to believe I might get mine before Nov. 3rd....not now.

mikeselld
Punch Card
Views: 4,962
Message 93 of 395

I was hopeful for Friday but now Monday is it. I did call UPS to try to get them to hold the computer at the station but they must make one attempt so hopefully I can get home, get the slip and drive the 10 miles to pick it up if it makes it back to the depot before 6 pm.
Wombat2
Punch Card
Views: 4,953
Message 94 of 395

@mikeselld wrote:
I was hopeful for Friday but now Monday is it. I did call UPS to try to get them to hold the computer at the station but they must make one attempt so hopefully I can get home, get the slip and drive the 10 miles to pick it up if it makes it back to the depot before 6 pm.

I was hoping for Friday too, but I live in Minnesota, so I doubt it will get here from Kentucky by tomorrow. Also, I've heard that UPS doesn't make weekend deliveries to residential addresses. For me, delivery on this coming Monday means I won't get to touch it until next weekend...I won't have enough time next week. **bleep** it! 

mikeselld
Punch Card
Views: 4,938
Message 95 of 395

There are several others on NBR lenovo board on the same shipment. Kind of odd........
Wombat2
Punch Card
Views: 4,901
Message 96 of 395

Here's the latest tracking info: SHIPMENT IS HELD TO VERIFY COMMODITY DESCRIPTION WITH THE CUSTOMER FOR CORRECT CLASSIFICATION / BROKERAGE RELEASED SHIPMENT. SHIPMENT IS SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY FOR FURTHER CLEARANCE.

Anybody know WTF this means?

mikeselld
Punch Card
Views: 4,890
Message 97 of 395

I think we have almost cleared customs. I have the same message. Also states "Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 11/03/2008."
mikeselld
Punch Card
Views: 4,826
Message 98 of 395

cleared customs

LOUISVILLE,
KY,  US 10/31/2008 11:53 A.M. IMPORT SCAN

Wombat2
Punch Card
Views: 4,792
Message 99 of 395

I thought customs would have been taken care of in Alaska. Hmm..I guess customs means continental United States.
jaddison
Punch Card
Views: 4,736
Message 100 of 395

From an email I received from Lenovo:
"All or part of your order has shipped. In some instances your order may be shipped from more than one location, which will result in multiple notifications. You will only be invoiced for products that have shipped."

When you see a message like that, how long does it usually take to hit Canadian shores?

Thanks all,

J

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors