Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawn07
Punch Card
Views: 6,030
Message 61 of 395

Re: W series shipping thread

Ordered W500 on 17th Oct. Still no word about it (today is 8 days later). Called lenovo few times and the answer was it was being built.

It was a little scary to have read people's issue about the product. My decision of going with lenovo was based my brief exposure to a 486 laptop many years ago and Thinkpad's reputation.

How did you guys get your configuration of your system? After I placed the order, this information is gone from my shopping cart. When I logged back on to my account, all I saw was the price and the order number, nothing about the configuration details, which is not a very usable design. The rep was able to send me "screen capture" but I have no idea where he got the information from and why he couldn't just send me a text version. I can't post the image here so I am typing it as below.

W500 4058CTO

Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 2.58GHz

2G DDR3 1 simm

ATI FireGL 5700 512M VRAM

Fingerprint scanner

160G 7200 rpm HD

15.4" WSXGA

Intel wireless card 5100

Bluetooth card

DVD burner ultra-slim

9 cell battery

Windows Vista Ultimate

Message Edited by shawn07 on 10-28-2008 10:03 AM
practical
802.11n
Views: 6,028
Message 62 of 395

If you supplied an e-mail address when placing the order, you should have received a confirmation with a dedicated link to your order status page (perhaps it ended-up in a spam filter's garbage bin -- mine did and had to be retrieved from there).

Also, you should be able to click on the order number when logged-in and that should take you to a complete status page.  Lenovo's online status system seems to be down more than up lately; I suggest you keep trying.

Best of luck.

Practical

Punch Card
Views: 5,974
Message 63 of 395

I ordered the W500 on 10/21/08. I did not receive the email confirmation until I called them. As of today, my order is still in process. Here's what I ordered.

CONFIGURED SYSTEM 
SBB INT.CORE2DUOPROCT9400            

VBB MSWIN VISTA ULTIMATE 32           

SBB G W VISTAULT32 US ENGLISH            

SBB MW XP PROFES. US ENG RDVD            

SBB 15.4 WUXGA TFT            

SBB ATIMBLITYFGLV5700W/512VR            

VBB 2GBPC3-8500 1067MHZ1DIMM            

SBB KYB US ENGLISH            

SBBULTRA NAV(TR.POINT+TOUCHPAD            

SBB 160GB HDD,7200RPM            

SBB DVD REC8XMAXDUL.ULT.S.SATA            

VBB EXPR.CARD SLOT/PCCARDSLOT            

VBB INTEGR.BLUETOOTH PAN            

SBB INT.WIFI LINK5300            

SBB INTWIRELESSWIDEAR.NETW.UPG            

SBB 6 CELL LI-ION BATTERY            

SBB COUNTRY PACK NORTH AMERICA            

SBB LANG.PACK US ENG.            

THKPLUS TP 3YR PICKUP DEPOT

The funny thing is they had a two day sale on the 23rd for the W500. After talking with them they gave me the sale price, which saved me about $275. They said I would have to call them back, when it shipped, with the order number of the same sytem using the discount to ensure I was charged the lesser amount. Anybody heard of this before? Why couldn't they just apply the discount to the order before it shipped?

shawn07
Punch Card
Views: 5,972
Message 64 of 395

@Wombat2 wrote:

I ordered the W500 on 10/21/08. I did not receive the email confirmation until I called them. As of today, my order is still in process. Here's what I ordered.

CONFIGURED SYSTEM 
SBB INT.CORE2DUOPROCT9400            

VBB MSWIN VISTA ULTIMATE 32           

SBB G W VISTAULT32 US ENGLISH            

SBB MW XP PROFES. US ENG RDVD            

SBB 15.4 WUXGA TFT            

SBB ATIMBLITYFGLV5700W/512VR            

VBB 2GBPC3-8500 1067MHZ1DIMM            

SBB KYB US ENGLISH            

SBBULTRA NAV(TR.POINT+TOUCHPAD            

SBB 160GB HDD,7200RPM            

SBB DVD REC8XMAXDUL.ULT.S.SATA            

VBB EXPR.CARD SLOT/PCCARDSLOT            

VBB INTEGR.BLUETOOTH PAN            

SBB INT.WIFI LINK5300            

SBB INTWIRELESSWIDEAR.NETW.UPG            

SBB 6 CELL LI-ION BATTERY            

SBB COUNTRY PACK NORTH AMERICA            

SBB LANG.PACK US ENG.            

THKPLUS TP 3YR PICKUP DEPOT

The funny thing is they had a two day sale on the 23rd for the W500. After talking with them they gave me the sale price, which saved me about $275. They said I would have to call them back, when it shipped, with the order number of the same sytem using the discount to ensure I was charged the lesser amount. Anybody heard of this before? Why couldn't they just apply the discount to the order before it shipped?

Yes. I was able to save (not as much) because of the 'you pay what we pay' program.  according to the sales person I spoke to I have not been actually charged until the unit ships. The price adjustment will take place then. If you want to get the new price right away you might have to cancel the previous order and create a new order during those two sales days. That's what he told me. I guess that's how that works.

I am sure you have kept all the conversation so call them again just in case.

HTH

Shawn

tjwoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,942
Message 65 of 395

my shipment finally shipped! on 10/26

I did pay for 2 day shipping but, we'll see. Quite excited

mikeselld
Punch Card
Views: 5,938
Message 66 of 395

CongratsSmiley Happy on shipping

Mine had to be rebooked last Weds after hanging up again after a reset.  Yours was "reset" Monday so that was 6 days to ship. I hope expediate means something and I well see something soon.

Good luck to all

ol3skl
Punch Card
Views: 5,891
Message 67 of 395

Thanks to Marks hard work my laptop shipped last night

For some reason though it's got a 10/31 arrival date even though one of the CS reps I talked to said it would be 2nd day air-ed to me.

mikeselld
Punch Card
Views: 5,851
Message 68 of 395

Shipped 10/27 Thanks Mark.Smiley Happy

Waiting for shipping data. Hoping for before the weekend

tjwoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,841
Message 69 of 395

Delivered! at 8:57 am EST 10/28 in NC after shipping out from Hong Kong on 7:27pm (local time) 10/27. Roommate signed for it, and I'm still in classes till 7, so I have not seen it yet. Thanks again to Mark for the constant updates and making sure the order was processed to the warehouse.
balmiesgirl
Paper Tape
Views: 5,834
Message 70 of 395

tjwoo,

i am very happy for you!!!! Its good to know they do come through EVENTUALLY.

I would have never purchased from Lenovo if I had known their customer service was so bad!

I have had the shipping date on mine changed 3 times now! AND WHEN I CHECKED TODAY, THEY PUSHED IT BACK 8 MORE DAYS!!!! I am afraid it will be a full month for me, like it was on yours! Unfortunately, I'm not a student....this is killing my business. I am on the road constantly and have to try to "catch-up" when i get back home. It's a NIGHTMARE!

WORSE though is LENOVO....they dont communicate at all !!!!!!!!! They havent called or emailed when they've changed my ship-dates. Every time I call them I am on hold for a minimum of a half hour. That also eats in to my business day, because they are closed after hours. IBM/Lenovo is supposed to be the "business mans" computer. But if this is how they do business.... Smiley Mad... they sure dont care about me or my business either!

I went w/ them because they are supposed to have very good systems. I guess I will never know. Smiley Sad

CJ
W700 (finally!)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors