Did you mean: 
shawn07
Punch Card
Views: 5,017
Message 71 of 395

Re: W series shipping thread

@balmiesgirl wrote:

tjwoo,

i am very happy for you!!!! Its good to know they do come through EVENTUALLY.

I would have never purchased from Lenovo if I had known their customer service was so bad!

I have had the shipping date on mine changed 3 times now! AND WHEN I CHECKED TODAY, THEY PUSHED IT BACK 8 MORE DAYS!!!! I am afraid it will be a full month for me, like it was on yours! Unfortunately, I'm not a student....this is killing my business. I am on the road constantly and have to try to "catch-up" when i get back home. It's a NIGHTMARE!

WORSE though is LENOVO....they dont communicate at all !!!!!!!!! They havent called or emailed when they've changed my ship-dates. Every time I call them I am on hold for a minimum of a half hour. That also eats in to my business day, because they are closed after hours. IBM/Lenovo is supposed to be the "business mans" computer. But if this is how they do business.... Smiley Mad... they sure dont care about me or my business either!

I went w/ them because they are supposed to have very good systems. I guess I will never know. Smiley Sad

Hi balmiesgirl

This is the first time I am dealing with lenovo. I called them at least ten times to discuss various issues and my experience with their customer service is quite positive. I always get someone answer me with right away. Maybe it's because I am calling lenovo Canada office which is local (better than Dell because I always ended up talking with someone in India with kids screaming in the background, or someone on cell phone with poor reception. Sorry Dell that is true).

Howerver the unit takes 1 full week to build, another full week to come here and I am still waiting. They told me it should be here by this Friday or next Monday. I will see.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with lenovo. I think you should escalate your complaints. Their call center closes after business hours is really inconvenient.

Message Edited by shawn07 on 10-28-2008 11:10 AM
balmiesgirl
Paper Tape
Views: 5,009
Message 72 of 395

I called them again. This time I got right through! Smiley Happy  They said the change on shipping date online is automated and that my w700 should ship this week. (hopefully!!!!) I tried to upgrade my shipping, but they said it would push my order back to the beginning or some such nonsense. I find that very hard to believe since my computer SHOULD be done w/ the manufacturing process already. (A rep last week said they were just waiting on the battery....) Anyway, I'm not able to upgrade the shipping. Too bad, but I'll be thrilled if they at least get it out!
CJ
W700 (finally!)
Wombat2
Punch Card
Views: 4,979
Message 73 of 395

I ordered my W500 on 10/21/08 and it was shipped on 10/27/08. This is four days ahead of what they estimated. Hopefully the same will happen with UPS.

One problem though, I was told to call when it shipped to confirm a price match (a discount). I called and they told me a manager would call me back within two days. I was already told that I would get the discount because of a sale they had less than two days after I made my order. Why the hell would a manager have to call me back?

jaddison
Punch Card
Views: 4,948
Message 74 of 395

@Wombat2 wrote:

I ordered my W500 on 10/21/08 and it was shipped on 10/27/08. This is four days ahead of what they estimated. Hopefully the same will happen with UPS.

Hi,

I ordered a pretty skookum sounding W500 on 10/24/2008, and was told that it won't ship for 4-5 weeks!  I assumed that the website had old data on it, because what company of Lenovo's size would have a delay of that magnitude?

Is it because I'm in Canada? Wombat2 appears to be from the US and his shipped about a week later...  Holy odd, Batman.

I emailed the sales support address for Canada and they simply told me it was being assembled in China and I would receive an email when it was shipped - this is when they verified that 4-5 weeks is expected.  Is there a reason for this delay?

If anyone has input, I would appreciate feedback.

Thank you all!

J

shawn07
Punch Card
Views: 4,946
Message 75 of 395

Hi,

I ordered a pretty skookum sounding W500 on 10/24/2008, and was told that it won't ship for 4-5 weeks!  I assumed that the website had old data on it, because what company of Lenovo's size would have a delay of that magnitude?

Is it because I'm in Canada? Wombat2 appears to be from the US and his shipped about a week later...  Holy odd, Batman.

I emailed the sales support address for Canada and they simply told me it was being assembled in China and I would receive an email when it was shipped - this is when they verified that 4-5 weeks is expected.  Is there a reason for this delay?

If anyone has input, I would appreciate feedback.

Thank you all!

J

I am from Canada. I ordered mine on Oct 17th and I phoned them today. It's on the way to Toronto and I will get it this friday or next monday. So that's 14-16days. That does feel like a long wait. Sigh

Message Edited by shawn07 on 10-28-2008 11:58 PM
jaddison
Punch Card
Views: 4,941
Message 76 of 395

@shawn07 wrote:

I am from Canada. I ordered mine on Oct 17th and I phoned them today. It's on the way to Toronto and I will get it this friday or next monday. So that's 14-16days. That does feel like a long wait. Sigh

@shawn07,

Did you get a fairly customized system?  I'm wondering if something I ordered is going to delay it more compared to other orders.  My order:

• 2.8 GHz
  • Vista Business 64
  • 15.4 WSXGA+ TFT
  • ATI V5700 512MB
  • 4GB RAM
  • 320GB 5400rpm HD
  • DVD Recordable
  • Intel WIFI Link 5300
  • Integrated WWAN upgradable
  • 9-cell Li-Ion Battery
  • 1 year depot/express warranty

I got a pretty sweet deal on it with various coupons and visaperks.ca, so I'm happy about that... but 4-5 weeks is just painful.  Were YOU quoted 4-5 weeks?

When you called in, was it just to get updates? Or were you calling to hassle a bit?

Thanks a lot,

J

jaddison
Punch Card
Views: 4,915
Message 77 of 395

@jaddison wrote:

<snipped> ... but 4-5 weeks is just painful.  Were YOU quoted 4-5 weeks?

When you called in, was it just to get updates? Or were you calling to hassle a bit?

Interesting.  I got an email this morning stating that "all or part" of my order has shipped. Either it takes a really LONG time to get from China to my doorstep, or the 4-5 week quote is purely an expectation-setting measure on Lenovo's part to try and ensure customer satisfaction by over-achieving.

Regardless, I am happy that it's on its way.

Thanks,

J

shawn07
Punch Card
Views: 4,870
Message 78 of 395

They really need someone on the web team to tweak the backend so it sends out more meaningful and accurate notifications. Those generic email you and I got didn't really tell much. it is not until the shipment hits north american land then UPS will pick up and you will actually get more accurate tracking information.
jaddison
Punch Card
Views: 4,868
Message 79 of 395

@shawn07 wrote:
They really need someone on the web team to tweak the backend so it sends out more meaningful and accurate notifications. Those generic email you and I got didn't really tell much. it is not until the shipment hits north american land then UPS will pick up and you will actually get more accurate tracking information.

shawn07,

I guess it would be nice to have the sort of system integration - it would further improve customer relations and probably cut down on customer complaints.  I'm just surprised that they haven't got their shipping estimates more accurate than what they quote.

Anyhow, enough - I'll stop whittering on about this.  Thank you Lenovo for starting the shipping process sooner than you quoted - now to see if it gets here in a reasonable amount of time...

J

ol3skl
Punch Card
Views: 4,818
Message 80 of 395

Anyone know what this UPS message means:

SHIPMENT IS HELD TO VERIFY COMMODITY DESCRIPTION WITH THE CUSTOMER FOR CORRECT CLASSIFICATION 

My understanding is that it means Lenovo did not ship individual shipping documents with the laptops, just one for the whole "lot" of the shipment. Or was I given a bad explanation?

Message Edited by ol3skl on 10-29-2008 03:46 PM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors