11-27-2018

US

22 Signins

189 Page Views

• Views: 189
  • Message 1 of 1

P1 GEN2 Thunderbolt 3 Port Stopped Passing Signals to External Display

2020-02-13, 23:14 PM

I have a P1 GEN2 OLED. While the internet is flooded with complaints of the OLED screen itself, the thunderbolt 3 port of my P1 GEN2 magically stopped working for no reason. 

I have been using the laptop with an external display ever since I got the laptop. All went well. Suddenly from yesterday, the external display starts turning into a blue sreen with "NO SIGNAL" shown on it. 

I had a windows cumulcative update (KB4532693) and windows security update (KB4524244) yesterday and I suspected that the update might be the culprit. I rolled back the OS. No change. Still NO SIGNAL. 

I searched this Forum. Played with Thunderbold 3 menu in the Bios. Everything was enabled and every single option of "security level" was tried. Still NO SIGNAL. 

I checked Intel Mangaement Engine software. It is already the latest version. Reinstalled it. Still NO SIGNAL. 

I checked Nvidia driver. Latest version already. 

In sum, the problem is: the thunderbolt port is still able to power the extenal display but just simply does not pass signal to the external display. HDMI port, however, still passes signal if use an HDMI cable. 

I want to give it a shot here to see if anyone has experienced similar issues and how they sovled the problem before I call Lenovo technical support, the staff of which does not seem to know more than some people here on this Forum. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete