Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ubcool84
Paper Tape
Views: 616
Message 11 of 102

Re: P1 Gen 2 - Small dots on OLED screen

yep I noticed it with mine imediatly it really effects the image quality.  My thinkpad yoga has a 3k touchscreen and built in pen and it looks fine.  Its a real shame from a distance watching movies look great but up close it is extremly frustrating and effects the fidelity of the image. 

lextr3
Punch Card
Views: 547
Message 12 of 102

just received my p1 gen2 and i have the same f. defect.. lenovo = CRAP

Guru
Views: 525
Message 13 of 102

@ubcool84 wrote:

yep I noticed it with mine imediatly it really effects the image quality.  My thinkpad yoga has a 3k touchscreen and built in pen and it looks fine.  Its a real shame from a distance watching movies look great but up close it is extremly frustrating and effects the fidelity of the image. 

Agreed. I too have an X1YogaGen2 with the OLED panel. NO artifacts at all. Disappointing for certain.

P53 XEON 2276 BIOS 1.19 OLED UHD 4K Multi-touch display, 96GB RAM, RTX5000, RAID 1, 1TB x 2 Samsung PM981, 1TB PM981, WWAN
P70 XEON 1505, BIOS 2.32, 4k Display, 64GB, M3000M NVIDIA GPU, RAID1 1TB Samsung PM981 PCIe-NVMe SSD x 2, 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD. EM7455 WWAN
P1. BIOS 1.25,Xeon Processor, 4k UHD IPS multi-touch display, 32GB, PM981 1TB x 2, RAID1

I am not an employee nor an agent of Lenovo.
lextr3
Punch Card
Views: 477
Message 14 of 102

i'm so stress out about this.. should I ask for refund because when i called they didnt told me it was a known defect..

they told me " you want a replacement or not..?? not no worries it's a known defect we will sent you a perfect one!

they said the same with my gamma problem in dark scene (gray shading) on my yoga gen2.. they sent it back from repair without repairing it and i was out of warranty afterward..

I don't understand why they can't understand what their customer want.. we want a perfect laptop oled screen with 0 issue!! right gamma even in dark gamma scale with no touch layer that create a haze over.. and no matte all .. certainly no small dot spanning all the screen.. 

who would have tought that somebody would do a matte oled..

wow adding any layers of possible haze over a should be perfect technology is really .....
and matte stuff is the worst because with time it become worst and worst the more you clean the screen.

if i get a refund now i'm stuck with 64gb of ram + 1000$ of ssd drive for nothing. cant believe this

Guru
Views: 463
Message 15 of 102

@lextr3 wrote:

i'm so stress out about this.. should I ask for refund because when i called they didnt told me it was a known defect..

they told me " you want a replacement or not..?? not no worries it's a known defect we will sent you a perfect one!

they said the same with my gamma problem in dark scene (gray shading) on my yoga gen2.. they sent it back from repair without repairing it and i was out of warranty afterward..

I don't understand why they can't understand what their customer want.. we want a perfect laptop oled screen with 0 issue!! right gamma even in dark gamma scale with no touch layer that create a haze over.. and no matte all .. certainly no small dot spanning all the screen.. 

who would have tought that somebody would do a matte oled..

wow adding another lazy of haze over should be perfect technology.. matte stuff is the worst because with time it become worst and worst the more you clean the screen.

I do not believe that what you are seeing is a defect. It does appear, however, to be an artifact of the combination of the digitizer and the OLED subpixel arrangement. The fact that more than a few people have noted this in the forum should be evidence that what you are seeing is not out the the ordinary for this P1 display. You have a choice to make; either live with the dots/lines and enjoy the wonderful color gamut and a multi-touch capability or return the unit and get a 4k UHD matte display panel instead with no multi-touch. An OLED replacement panel, unfortunately, will exhibit the same characteristics that you have called out. Personally, I've learned that if I'm using my P53 at a normal viewing distance, then the dots are almost invisible in my normal usage. However, if you are doing photo editing the effect on the texture might not be acceptable. Your choice.

P53 XEON 2276 BIOS 1.19 OLED UHD 4K Multi-touch display, 96GB RAM, RTX5000, RAID 1, 1TB x 2 Samsung PM981, 1TB PM981, WWAN
P70 XEON 1505, BIOS 2.32, 4k Display, 64GB, M3000M NVIDIA GPU, RAID1 1TB Samsung PM981 PCIe-NVMe SSD x 2, 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD. EM7455 WWAN
P1. BIOS 1.25,Xeon Processor, 4k UHD IPS multi-touch display, 32GB, PM981 1TB x 2, RAID1

lextr3
Punch Card
Views: 457
Message 16 of 102

i didnt even boot windows with it.. i knew from the start all the DEFECT of that screen. it's not because everybody have that defect that it's not a defect.. it's actually a known defective product sold by lenovo and you encourage them to do so.

i had the yoga 2 oled on the side of it and i have oled phone..

I even tried washing the screen to see if it was dirty because of the colored haze..  

saying it's not a defect to have any type of artefact on an oled screen is crazy ... like small black dots.. what is the difference of this and having 10000 small half size dead pixels?

as crazy as saying it's normal not to have any shades of gray in dark scene (on the yoga 2) .. for the gamma bug i had to find a tool to confirm that it wasnt normal and it wasnt fixable either.. 

who cares that you can live with defective oled.. hahha as long as you stay at normal viewing distance.. you are kidding me.. are you a lenovo employe? i paid 3500$ for this ... i'm gonna get a refund and wait for gen 40 maybe after 40 iteration they can do something even bordeline decent.. personnaly if i was them i would block the sale and recall them all.. the one who made that screen everybody should be fired.. everybody.. 

we just want a perfect oled screen with no artefact and no layer over it just a perfectly clear glass... nobody care about touch on it certainly not if it destroy the screen.. it's not a phone.. it's a 3.500$ desktop replacement for work

Guru
Views: 440
Message 17 of 102

This forum is user to user and not a Lenovo technical forum. My suggestions have already been made. Your recourse is to either  return the unit and select another option combination or request a refund.

lextr3
Punch Card
Views: 399
Message 18 of 102

you clearly protect them for whatever reason even if they ship defective products knowingly

but yeah thx I've decided to cancel the replacement and get a full refund as i don't trust them anymore..

altendky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 386
Message 19 of 102

Yeah, I think this is garbage on a top end display on a high end laptop.  Based on no actual knowledge it seems to me like a design defect as opposed to a manufacturing defect which seems like a useful thing to distinguish.  That said, I used it in the car with direct sun today and it was really impressive in that regard.

Anyways, no need to start accusing and insulting.

lextr3
Punch Card
Views: 370
Message 20 of 102

not accusing or insulting just stating the truth.. 

it's unnaceptable from companies like lenovo to steal money from people who don't know what oled screen are and might keep them without knowing they have duds.. and unnaceptable for any who protect them doing it.

they still ship them.. and it's freaky

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors