cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 554
Message 41 of 101

Re: P1 Gen 2 - Small dots on OLED screen

I feel your frustration. These forums are user to user and not an official technical vehicles. Lenovo Customer Service is the appropriate channel for QC complaints.

P53 XEON 2276 BIOS 1.19 OLED UHD 4K Multi-touch display, 96GB RAM, RTX5000, RAID 1, 1TB x 2 Samsung PM981, 1TB PM981, WWAN
P70 XEON 1505, BIOS 2.32, 4k Display, 64GB, M3000M NVIDIA GPU, RAID1 1TB Samsung PM981 PCIe-NVMe SSD x 2, 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD. EM7455 WWAN
P1. BIOS 1.25,Xeon Processor, 4k UHD IPS multi-touch display, 32GB, PM981 1TB x 2, RAID1

I am not an employee nor an agent of Lenovo.
lextr3
Punch Card
Views: 526
Message 42 of 101

HEY harris, we are complaining user to users!!!

Unlike you and lenovo, we don't want others to live the same backstabbing faith...

it's a clear defect and they still sell them with a smile like a witch selling poisonous cupcakes...
Anybody can see how they lenovo "handle it" with their staff comments on this very forum...
They clearly stated that it's not a defect.. that it's acceptable for them to sell them..

you wrote 2102 posts on this forum.. it's evident you and many others work for them to obfuscate the USER TO USER information that you said this forum is all about..

this forum post as been solved!!! by who?? i wonder who pressed that solved button!

they could just offer a version without touch at least.. most of us dont care for touchscreen ... we are not 10 years old kids or all graphic artists who loved defect in their oled screen... but maybe the defect go even further and it's in the bad pixels arrangement themselves like we see in the pictures..

altendky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 492
Message 43 of 101

This thread is supposed to be about the display.  Let's keep it that way.

I do hope to get a representative photo of what I see so others can compare.  I'm starting to think mine is less bad, or maybe different entirely, than those that others observe.

Guru
Views: 470
Message 44 of 101

I was navigating to Reddit this evening and found a discussion therein about the HP Spectre x360 15 OLED convertible laptop. One of the interesting issues that users were documenting were the presence of overall dots on the touch panel. A similar panel is used in the XPS 15 without the touch overlay with a matte surface without these artifacts. There were several image posts which showed the dots and image degradation on the 4K OLED panel which distorted the image by adding texture and color shift. The assertions were that all of this was due to the touch panel overlay which had a lower resolution than the OLED panel. The images looked similar to posts in our forum thread. I watched a review on the laptop and the reviewer did not point the dots out, but spent a considerable amount of time on the color gamut,  how great it was and the brightness level.

P53 XEON 2276 BIOS 1.19 OLED UHD 4K Multi-touch display, 96GB RAM, RTX5000, RAID 1, 1TB x 2 Samsung PM981, 1TB PM981, WWAN
P70 XEON 1505, BIOS 2.32, 4k Display, 64GB, M3000M NVIDIA GPU, RAID1 1TB Samsung PM981 PCIe-NVMe SSD x 2, 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD. EM7455 WWAN
P1. BIOS 1.25,Xeon Processor, 4k UHD IPS multi-touch display, 32GB, PM981 1TB x 2, RAID1

I am not an employee nor an agent of Lenovo.
lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 393
Message 45 of 101

Hi All, I had a P53 with OLED screen. I could see the grid at normal typing distance. I could see it when viewing webpages that have white background (there are quite a lot of such webpages. e.g. like this forum). It was really ugly and I think the grid caused the text to be non-solid looking. I have used X1E and Yoga laptops with a touch screen, none of them have such ugly looking grids. Sales told me that this has been resolved but I cannot verify unless I order another unit which could again take weeks to arrive. If I choose a 4K UHD screen, I face the possibility of bad backlight bleeding. Any recommendation on what to do?

tog84
Paper Tape
Views: 381
Message 46 of 101

Interesting that Lenovo Australia are not selling the OLED version anymore.....    

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 359
Message 47 of 101

In this case, Lenovo should offer an option of 4K touch UHD display likes the X1 Extreme Gen 1. The screen sizes are the same. Shouldn't be difficult to do that.

Besides this ugly grid issue, can anybody guarantee that there will be no burn in, color change, or other issue(s) of the current OLED screen in the next five years?

okko
SCSI Port
Views: 341
Message 48 of 101

"Besides this ugly grid issue, can anybody guarantee that there will be no burn in, color change, or other issue(s) of the current OLED screen in the next five years?"

Well maybe if those happen under warranty we would get the display replaced and maybe they have sorted out the grid issue by then. Or maybe nothing happens and we'll be looking at the grid for the next five years. I don't know how bad it is in P series but it is definitely noticeable on my X1E2 against white backrounds. And if that grid/mesh is not visible in some other devices like Yoga example, then it sure is a defect. Feels like they just build a moneymaking machines with these new Gens and all the "upgrades" from previous generation were actually gathered together to build a dumpster of bad inventions. All these negativities and problems on a $3K laptop, do Lenovo marketing know the term CVP (Customer Value Proposition)

"A customer value proposition is a promise of potential value that a business delivers to its customers and in essence is the reason why a customer would choose to engage with the business. It is concise statement that highlights the relevance of a product offering by explaining how it solves a problem or improves the customer's situation, the specific value against the customer's needs and the difference to competitors." Wikipedia

I see it like this, if a customer buys a product from the company and likes it, that customer will return and buy again. When the customer buys again and the quality of the new product is significantly dropped from the previous product because the company decided to use cheaper parts and cheaper manufacturing strategies on the production and by that made some critical compromises on the quality it gives the customer feel that his value is not important. We speak about one the most expensive Lenovo laptop products and it has been nothing but problems past 2 months on both software and hardware side and by this time I wouldn't buy another Lenovo product. That might change over time if these problems get fixed but how everything have gone wrong with this 2nd Generation?

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 330
Message 49 of 101

I asked for a full refund of P53 OLED within the 30-day period but somebody at Lenovo kept my case on hold for over two weeks. It took me an addition of over 20 contacts and at the mercy of the case manager before I could get a shipping label (see another thread on this). So I want to make sure that it is fixed before I re-order again.

It has also been to my attention that sometimes Sales gave false information (either on purpose or not) to get customers to order things in as short time period as possible and move on to the next. Unless I re-order again to see it, I cannot tell if the grid issue has really been fixed. However, if I do that, I may get into trouble of getting a shipping label.

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 282
Message 50 of 101

So it is kind of a gamble to choose the OLED screen and hope that none of these issues will happen? If we go for 4K UHD screen, we also need to hope for lottery win of not having bad backlight bleed.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors