Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
greedygardevoir
What's DOS?
Views: 822
Message 21 of 51

Re: P1 Gen2 brightness control not working

Having this issue too with the new intel driver update. Switching to discrete graphics has been the only working fix for me.

pjg
802.11n
Views: 815
Message 22 of 51

@someotherguy wrote:

This is a bug in Intel graphics driver 26.20.100.7529.  We have withdrawn this version.

Please rollback to previous version here:  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ch/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Sorry for this trouble.

I uninstalled the latest driver from Lenovo. Disconnected from the net. Rebooted. Installed the driver stated above and it still does not work on a plain Intel HD system. Unable to control brightness. Can we get a link to the last driver prior to 26.20.100.752 ?

uhdtv4me
Fanfold Paper
Views: 801
Message 23 of 51

Rolling back worked for me using 1.27 and set to Hybrid mode.   I have tried Discrete mode again to see if brightness works with NVidia or not.  

Lenovo, as a reminder, this is a SECOND GENERATION laptop.  It should be stable and when it is not, there should be a sense of urgency to fix these issues.   Some of us have paid upward of $3,000 for this laptop!   Yet, we're still talking about issues that have been raised 3 months ago! 

fraaw
Paper Tape
Views: 794
Message 24 of 51

Agree. Mostly we purchase this machine as a reliable working tool, lenovo should be responsively aware of this kind of bugs that could greatly affect the working efficiency.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 789
Message 25 of 51

I understand your feedback.  Honestly I am embarrassed for Lenovo about this problem.

I reproduced the problem here, and rolled back to previous driver, but still can't adjust the brightness.  So currently I don't know what the solution is.  I am working with the product team to get answers ASAP.  Sorry for this trouble.

TomDenmark
SCSI Port
Views: 781
Message 26 of 51

The only working solution right now is to make a roll back in Windows to a day before installing the Intel Graphics update. Or a complete Windows reinstall.

We need a BIOS update to get it to work with new drivers. It's been a problem before, and was fixed with BIOS.

kk66
Fanfold Paper
Views: 746
Message 27 of 51

I can't but agree. I've spent almost 4000 USD on my machine on which I depend on daily basis and it's been nothing but a huge letdown. Won't even mention their crappy TB3 docking station which should be pulled from the shelves and forbidden from ever being sold again. I'll never buy anything Lenovo ever again.
P.S. at least it didn't brick when flashing the BIOS like some other models apparently did, not yet anyway

ecopelan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 736
Message 28 of 51

jphughan
Punch Card
Views: 607
Message 29 of 51

For those who don't want to run in Discrete mode but do have access to an external display, I found a semi-workaround to the inoperable brightness control issue, which unfortunately persists on my system after rolling back from the now-retracted driver to the now-current driver.  I wrote it up in this post in another thread about lag on external displays, since it seems these issues are linked somehow.

UPDATE: It seems I may have permanently regained brightness control, i.e. without needing to continue using a workaround, after rolling back to the older Intel Graphics version -- even though the rollback initially didn't restore brightness control. See linked post.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 599
Message 30 of 51

There is supposed to be a new driver to fix all this mess by the end of next week.  I will post it here in advance if I can get it.  Sorry for all this trouble.

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors