Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WikiSteve
Serial Port
Views: 126
Message 1 of 3

P1 Thunderbolt dock. Reports charging when disconnected

P1 Laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 docking station. 

Laptop charges just fine, however when disconnecting from the dock the laptop will do one of two things

1) Take 10 minutes to switch from plugged in to running on battery

2) Take even longer and by then the battery is pretty critical.

Powering off completely and turning the machine back on always fixes the issue.  Who wants to do that though?

One would think no big deal, I know it's unplugged why does it matter what the computer says.  In BIOS I have set maximum performance on AC so when BIOS thinks there is power it's a power hungry laptop and my battery level drops like a lead rock. 

Anyone else have this issue?

WikiSteve
Serial Port
Views: 100
Message 2 of 3

Re: P1 Thunderbolt dock. Reports charging when disconnected

Connecting the Thunderbolt dock

Disconnecting the Thunderbolt dock

As seen in these videos the Thunderbolt is being connected and the LED is amber.  In the second video it is white, my guess is the LED changes based on the charge level, the battery was pretty low when I first connected the dock.

However the issue is when disconnecting the Thunderbolt connection the LED remains on indicating it's connected to a power source and the OS concurs.  A complete shutdown is required to remedy the issue.

WikiSteve
Serial Port
Views: 89
Message 3 of 3

Re: P1 Thunderbolt dock. Reports charging when disconnected

Not a perfect solution but suspending and waking from suspend seems to refresh the connection status and reports on battery upon waking. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors