03-30-2019 05:13 AM
I've had my P1 a little over a week now, and it's an incredible machine. The performance is outstanding. Just going through a learning curve moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However, I have noticed one thing, and I don't know if it is normal. When I close the lid in the evening, it goes into sleep mode, and the lid led flashes. In the morning, the led is not flashing, and when I open the lid, it appears to be in hibernate mode. Has anybody else noticed this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-30-2019 07:01 AM - edited 03-30-2019 07:02 AM
That's sort of normal behavior and one I actually prefer. I use sleep for short things, such as changing planes, moving between offices, etc. I even keep a hibernate shortcut on my desktop for times I don't want to shut it down, but I know it'll be a few hours before I need it again. Saves battery and there's less of a chance of the thing waking up on its own. I also like knowing that if I walk off thinking I'm coming right back and I don't, Windows dutifully hibernates the comptuer on its own.
You might try adjusting the "hibernate after" settings in the power plan you're using.
1. Press Windows key + X and click on Power Options.
2. Click on Additional Power Settings
3. Select Change Plan Settings on the power plan you're using
4. Click on Change Advanced Power Settings.
5. Scroll down and expand Sleep.
6. Now expand Hibernate after and click on Settings (Minutes):. Change the value to 0.
7. Click on Apply and then Ok.