cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 4,467
Message 1 of 6

P1 vs. X1 Extreme - which has the better battery life and cooling?

Trying to decide which one to buy. I don't need ECC RAM. I would go for one with better battery life and cooling.

tqureshi
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 2 of 6

Re: P1 vs. X1 Extreme - which has the better battery life and cooling?

Do not even think about getting the P1. I bought mine hardly a month ago (Intel Xeon, 32GB ram, 1TB, P2000 Nvidia Graphics) - it has no manufacturing faults or other errors whatsoever but the battery drain on this thing is absolutely crazy.
On full charge it gives me a maximum of 3 hours or 4 hours - EVEN when the only thing i use is the Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser for reading. That too with the P2000 Nvidia display driver disabled (as suggested elsewhere on a thread here to save/improve batter life).
Right now its at 64% and tells me I have 1.3hrs of use left. It is so so frustrating. I wasted so much time and money on this dud machine.
I've been a Thinkpad enthusiast for too long - and I am so severely disappointed.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 636
Message 3 of 6

You cannot compare a x3on with an i7 and xeon is only available on P1.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
tqureshi
Paper Tape
Views: 624
Message 4 of 6

Wowh. Sorry.

The original post didnt mention a specification for P1. Since Xeon is an option out in the market and I've had for a bit - i can only speak for what my use has been like.

If it helps, great. If it doesn't, the original poster can disregard it i guess. 

Though I didnt expect lenovo support forum to be policed like this. Smiley Indifferent 

dThirteen
Punch Card
Views: 601
Message 5 of 6

@tqureshi, do you have the 4k panel?

I have the i7-8850H, P2000 and FHD. I get pretty much most of the day on a charge coding at university.

To answer the OP, the machines are virtually the same. The P1 has a Xeon option, and Quadro GPUs. The X1E only has i7 and GTX1050 Ti GPU.
Matt.
ThinkPad P1: i7-8850H, P2000, FHD, 32GB, 512GB.
tqureshi
Paper Tape
Views: 585
Message 6 of 6

I do have the 4K panel. And I haven't found a solution around the battery consumption of 4k panel.

I just updated the recent Vantage driver for power management and it gave me 5.2 hrs on full charge at first. On second charge it showed me 4.6hrs on 100% battery and then 5.3hrs on 99% battery on both Vantage and windows indicators :/ 

So my machine might be faulty. Im going to contact lenovo support for assistance. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors