Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adampaiva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,104
Message 1 of 8

P40 Yoga - Bluetooth Problem

Hi,

Just purchased and received a P40 Yoga.  Nicely equipped and a very nice machine.

I am having two issues out of the box so far, the first of which is problems with Bluetooth.

I am using bt to connect to Microsoft Designer mouse and keyboard.  I'm able to connect fine initially and use mouse and keyboard.  Also able to connect to other devices like my iphone, etc no problem. But then at seemingly random times, though it always happens in any extended use of the computer, at least once per hour or so, the mouse and keyboard (and seemingly all bt communication) stop responding.  I can look at the windows bt settings and it still shows as connected but nothing is registering.  When the bt seemingly freezes like this it also does not find any new devices to connect to even when they are discoverable.  Each time this has happened I've tried turning bt off and back on and then reconnecting but no success.  BUT, if I turn airplane mode on ( so turn both bt and wifi off) then the mouse and keyboard will function again.  I've tried turning just the bt off and it seems to not want to switch to off, the toggle will go to off but then switch back to on on its own but still not able to connect.  But if I click the toggle in the bt settings menu a few times, eventually it will turn off and stay off, and then if i turn bt back on again the peripherals start to work again.  Also, if I switch into airplane mode, to turn bt and wifi off, and then airplane mode off and bt and wifi come back on, it will re-connect to the peripherals and they function again.

Any ideas ?  Hopefully this is not a hardware issue.

I did update my system so drivers, etc. are all up to date as of 3/30/16.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,081
Message 2 of 8

Re: P40 Yoga - Bluetooth Problem

WiFi and Bluetooth share the 2.4Ghz band, so they may be conflicitng.   If you can move your Wifi to 5Ghz, it might help, as they would be on a different freqency, but you need a WiFi router and WiFi card that supports it.     Try switching channels on your WiFis too.

adampaiva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,058
Message 3 of 8

Thanks, I will give this a try and report back.  I'm using an Apple Airport so I am pretty sure I'm able to change channels or frequency.

adampaiva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,015
Message 4 of 8

So I seem to have found a solution, but it was not solved by changing my wireless router settings.  I did try changing channels and frequencies but still would have the same issue where the bluetooth would stop functioning every hour or so.  I tried toggling with any bt settings I could for a while. I went into the device manager and tried updating drivers for bluetooth...nothing changed.   But I then uninstalled the bluetooth drivers, then had to scan to find bluetooth and install new drivers and after that was completed, my bluetooth has been working for the last 24 hours at least without any interruptions.  The installed driver displays differently now and is "Bluetooth LE Generic Attribute Service" as shown in the screengrab below.

http://i.imgur.com/BghmeR4.jpg

I was really just trying anything I could and finally it seemed to have worked.  If any one has any more insight into the issue, please do tell.  Or curious if anyone else has the issue. Fingers crossed it does not return for me.

hellonico
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 884
Message 5 of 8

I'm having the exact same problem.

I'll give your solution a try. Thanks for sharing your results!

Hopefully someone from Lenovo can see this and address the issue.

Regards from Vienna!

adampaiva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 873
Message 6 of 8

good luck.  Post here with what happens if you dont mind.

Mine has continued to work.  My bluetooth mouse does sometimes annoy me where it will seemingly go to sleep after very little time of not being used and I need to click to wake it up.  Also not the smoothest mouse movement, but those are probably issues with the mouse not the Lenovo.

But I have not had any more issues with bluetooth completely turning off and requiring me to turn off and back on bluetooth or fiddle with the airplane mode.

hellonico
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 870
Message 7 of 8

I did a driver update from within the Device Manager and seemed to solve the issue... kind of. I still had some trouble with a keyboard (logitech K380) and I'm in the middle of a deadline.. so for now didn't take the leap to the new laptop and no time to further test and troubleshoot.

Cheers!

Boeckie
What's DOS?
Views: 768
Message 8 of 8

I had the same problem with a Microsoft Designer mouse, deleted the BT ( one ) driver, restartet Windows, checked drivers, and Windows has reinstalled drivers !! now there are 3 different BT drivers, Designer works fine now

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors