Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drummer17
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 1 of 2

P40 Yoga Fingerprint

Hello,

I am using a P40 Yoga with Windows 10 (64-Bit). I have installed the Synaptics Fingerprint Driver 4.5.519.0 and it worked well untill the 1803 release of Windows 10.

However, since the Update to 1809 it is only possible to register one finger. If I try to register a second one I receive the error message, that the reader is not able to recognize the finger. 

The interesting fact is: this does not depend on the finger I am using. If I delete the registered fingers (even in the BIOS) and start the process again, I use the finger which was not recognized in the previous step, and it works. The second finger fails again.

And: I am also using an external keyboard (Lenovo USB Prferred Pro) and here I can register all fingers I want.

Any idea what is going on?

Michael

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 75
Message 2 of 2

Re: P40 Yoga Fingerprint

Hi there! Welcome to our forums community. Could
you try the steps in these discussion:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-10-update-my-fingerprint/.... Update us how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors