Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Views: 1,047
Message 1 of 1

P40 Yoga Sound Enhancement Thread

Hi all

As one of my friends have just purchased a P40 Yoga, I am able to use her set to provide sound enhancement tweaks for P40. The tweaks is also optimal for Yoga 460 and Yoga 14 as it shares the same sound card and speakers as P40 Yoga. The tweaks would not be optimal for other laptops, external audio device due to variation of frequency response.

To tweak the sound:
1. Go to Start > All Apps (All Programs) > Dolby > Dolby Audio

2. Click Personalize

3. There are only one type of preset provided for the internal speaker loudness as the P40 Yoga / Yoga 460 / Yoga 14 as the sound card does not have enough power to drive more bass and quality will decrease if all the EQ band is set to max.

Optimal:
sound.PNG

You could (Preference)
- Enable Dialogue Enhancer if you want more boost on the treble, but may sound sharp on some songs.
- Enable Volume Leveler if you prefer more neutral sound signature, stronger mid, but overall volume drops a bit.

I hope this benefits any P40 Yoga, Yoga 14 or Yoga 460 user who wish to have optimal sound experience from their internal speakers! Enjoy!

Peter
ThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors