cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PCTrouble
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 730
Message 1 of 4

P50 20EN - Bluetooth sound gets choppy after a bit.

I had the BT drivers for the Intel 8260 installed. 19.71.0.2 2017/08/15 - The BT headset (Sony MDR-XB950N1 or Cowin E7) Windows 10 1709 16299.64

The sound was choppy

then I upgraded to the 20.0.0.11 as it had the fix for the choppy sound

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27195/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?pro...

I still have the chopppy sound after it works fine for a  bit. I think it may be worse.   I can fix that for a bit by switching to a USB headset or speakers, and switching back, but then it returns.   Gets pretty annoying. after switching back and forth. any ideas? thanks

Moderator note: html edited for readability.  @PCTrouble if this isn't quite what you intended, please re-post.  It was a challenging edit...

kekistan_prez
Punch Card
Views: 707
Message 2 of 4

Re: P50 20EN - Bluetooth sound gets choppy after a bit.

Did you try in sound manager to set the output to cd quality first?

https://superuser.com/questions/724018/bad-sound-through-bluetooth-headphones

PCTrouble
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 669
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for suggestion and the link. I am attaching the images. 

The weird thing is that when it starts chopping, the Video it self is stutering. i.e. the playback is not smooth, as soon as I switch to another audio device it works fine, then switch back to the Stereo BT headset it plays FINE for maybe few minutes and then it starts stturing again. 

2017-12-11_15-52-54.png

Stuartm93001
What's DOS?
Views: 87
Message 4 of 4

I have a bluetooth headset from Jabra. I tried a talk 45 and now a talk 55 and both have the same problem. Even a Plantronics bluetooth headset had similar issues as have been reported here with the Choppy sound. I sit three feet from my laptop with the laptop oriented upright with the back side and connectors facing up and the fans pointing towards me. I get the choppy sound periodically and mostly in the mornings after the unit comes out of sleep. If I power the laptop up then no problem. When having the choppy sound, I noticed that when I re-orient the laptop by turning it 180 degrees so that the cables are still on top and the fans are pointing away from me that the signal quality becomes perfect. Or if I move my head closer to the laptop, the signal quality becomes perfect. I strongly suspect that there may be some type of power savings mode artifact  here where the Bluetooth TX is not at full power. Any way for Lenovo to confirm this? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors